Anyone know how to repair an Orb light?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figures - I don't even have it a day, and now after playing with a magnet nearby the 'switch' area to activate it, the light won't activate, even if I move the magnet on the lanyard back into place, or else move a magnet around it.

Could the reed switch be broken? It doesn't 'tug' at the magnet on the lanyard anymore, at least not beyond just a bit. Suggestions?

Granted, the light WAS kinda finicky before this - it wouldn't activate at full power even with the switch in place, at least not until I brought a magnet by it the first time. It worked well after that, but not consistently. Maybe something's loose?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not good.

Here's my take. I think your Orb showed up flakey. I would have contacted the buying source and let them know I wanted to return it. Now that you've passed a shake light back and forth over the switch, their responsibility is gone.

I hope Orb or other members can tell you what to do. Do you know if that is a Hall effect switch?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haesslich
Sorry to here of the problem. If you wish to send it to me I will repair it no charge.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I send it to you for repairs, Orb, I want to buy LED modules. I've already PMed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

glock: The batteries are fine - I tested them on my Flik LS, and they're okay.

Ice: I bought this Orb off a CPF member, so it's already kinda beyond warranty. But if I do send it to Orb, I intend to buy stuff off him to make up for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I know who you bought it from.

Well, I'll say it: Cheers to orb for going beyond what is neccessary and Cheers to Haesslich for throwing more business at orb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ice - it's only fair. If he'll help me repair it, I can at least make it his while by buying modules to make my Orb a convertible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So... know anyone who can sell him a Royal Blue at a good price? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif A pity this won't take a LuxV...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
KickA55 Customer Service strikes again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

There seems to be this sense of fairness and integrity that's only found here on CPF and nowhere else.. really: nowhere else, at least not where I've been.

As for RB emitters, the sandwich shoppe - your one stop mod shop.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, what can I say? If he's kind enough to help, I'm kind enough to buy things from the guy whose brainstorm brought me a Flik and an Orb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyone else have module suggestions? I'm thinking UV as well.

Heck, WOULD a LuxV work on this, or would he need to add a sandwich to make it work, which would keep it from fitting in the light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McShawn

Enlightened
I have two of the Orb lights and really like them, they have awesome customer service. I would buy from them again with no hesitation.
Shawn

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif for the kind words Fella's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Luxeon V Possabilty's
I do have a mod from Mcgizmo which has a LE driven from a 3 volt source. So there is a way a running a 5 watt just depends how much you want to do it??
I have got some nice deep blue 5 watts, but would have to buy in a converter from wayne.
In other words its do able.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
My response: How much money will it need to get a RB module and a LuxV module? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had to have a play with this today. I have a BB 500,
I changed the 3 watt led for a 5 watt blue, only run for a short period so far of a CR123 also tried Pila 150.
The Orb can be modified with the Aleph/waynes LE.
BTW I have Don to thank for doing this first.
I am not sure of costs yet, You would need a Aleph LE & Mc gizmo 20mm reflector. Then I would thread the required thread for the LE.
The blue is to give Haesslich an idea of the tint.
blue_V.jpg