Streamlight 3AA Luxeon Task-Light

Aloft

Enlightened
I've got one. . . it is quite white, but has a somewhat ringy beam. Haven't fired it up lately, but I don't remember it being any brighter than the Lux Jr. And it has a "reverse" clickie switch. That's a bummer, because I use the "momentary" type of action a lot. Also, Streamlight says "no lithiums" so the glove box is out.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
I also have one. The package states 1 watt, but it may be a luxIII. It is one of my whitest luxs but its got an ugly and crooked beam and its very long (obviously due to the 3 aa's).
To answer the question , yes it is.
You can have mine if ya want it. It's brand new. Impulse buy from the tool guy.

edit: My lux is deffinately a high dome (noticed many respond low dome)

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite lights to USE, not EDC. Long run time, easy to handle.

Mine is also brighter than all heck, as bright as my Gerber LX 3.0. White beam.

The beam is adjustable as well.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've got a hand-me-down one from a fellow CPF member and just as suspected(had been wanting one for a while) I LOVE IT! now mine has a purplish and yellowish beam but it's an almost absolute perfect beam. good throw for a low dome. the weird thing is that if you remove the head/reflector, the beam becomes pure white-with a hint of HID-purple.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine too. It has a white beam with no tint that I can see, and a long runtime. Brightness is good. The Lux is a low dome. I tried an NX-05 optic on it, but the reflector is better. In use you see a large round hotspot with some useful spill light. Removing the reflector gives a wall of perfectly smooth white light. Quickbeam has an excellent review HERE.

Steve C

Enlightened
Another thumbs-up. Mine has a slight bluish tint, and the one I got for my dad has the dreaded cat-**** yellow-green tint, but he doesn't mind that and both beams are near-perfect.

As noted above, this light is the perfect size for using; it and my Opa-Lec Mini-Mag, by far, see the most use of any of the myriad lights I have.

I was going to purchase some sort of Mini-Mag drop-in LED to replace the TU InRetech unit I'd been using at the office, but I suddenly realized that, for the same money more or less, I could just get another one of these; or maybe the new StreamLight Lux Jr with the clickie tail cap...

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I bought two!! Mine are white, very bright (not quite as bright as the LX3.0 but almost) and long runtime as far as I know (haven't had to replace batteries).

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Thanks everyone. Sounds like some mixed feelings, but mostly positive ones. Is this light regulated?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it's just resistored. you may want to contact Mr. Bulk about the light as i know he likes/liked his much better by switching to a HD luxeon.........im sure he would therefore know what electronics are within the light.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Bulk's Super LGI is a Brinkmann Legend 3AA with a premium HD Luxeon w/Fraen direct drive and the form factor is the same as the SL 3AA. Now that reflectors are available that fit, I imagine one would make an improvement.

My SLGI was my first Mr Bulk creation and it is awesome, but I don't use it because of the form factor. I don't like carrying a 2AA light because of the length - the 3AA is just too long for me.

Direct drive in this format is impressive - very bright to start and very long run time with good, usable light. The down side is that the output is diminishing. You can compensate for that by changing out the cells after an hour and re-using them in a regulated light, but the output after an hour is still very good - comparable to an ARC LS for another 2 hours or so. And with DD, if you leave the light on, it'll still be putting out some light for days before it dies.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
... Is this light regulated?

[/ QUOTE ]

This light is not regulated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif