HDS:can it really replace Arc?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just spotted that HDS banner. It never had any pics on it so I never knew what HDS was and didnt bother until I clicked it because I was bored. I have heard that HDS is trying to replace Arc. Now I know that most of you are very loyal to Arc but please answer honestly what you think of the HDS light. I understand that it didnt come out yet. What are its expectations? It seems like a decent light, priced just like the LS and Arc4 models. Even similar in design.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a little bit of searching. Similar in design? HDS is the one who designed the Arc4...

Mark

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they are great. They aren't really "replacing" the Arc lights, more just continuing them and improving them.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
They claim that their Basic flashlight can emit up to 42 lumens. Is this even possible with a single CR123A light?

DavidR

Newly Enlightened
I think the HDS EDC looks like a great light. I think it will carry on the tradition of ARC but not necesarily replace it.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow. doesnt the average single 123A light only emit up to like 20 lumens??? well, it doesnt seem like HDS is an average company... I GOTTA GET ONE!!!

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and as of today none of the EDC's from HDS have been shipped.

We do however know Henry's prior work in the field is outstanding (Action Light and ARC 4+) so nothing short of greatness is expected. I have a feeling Henry won't let us down.

In the meantime I keep checking the mailbox for my EDC Ultimate GT ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

JohnJ80

Enlightened
I too, hope that HDS soon has something for us to see. However, I am starting to wonder - HDS lights were going to ship in October, then November, and now it is December. Maybe we will get to see one yet this year.

J

gorlank

Enlightened
It looks pretty bleak for December but if the product is good, I'm willing to wait.

Deanster

Enlightened
I'm pretty patient, and I hope it'll turn out to be a great product, but at the moment, it's vaporware...

the classic model for vaporware is a promise of an outstanding technology, wringing more out of the available resources (Luxeon and 1x123) than anyone else, then a slipping ship date... some of these folks paid a loooooong time ago.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Deanster said:
some of these folks paid a loooooong time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be mistaken, but I don't think anyone has actually paid for anything yet.

Peter

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
Just because Henry has standards and will not release the EDC to market before it is ready why do some assume that it is vapourware? No one has paid for the EDC yet, pre orders were mainly a booking system for the first lights when they come to market, people who have pre ordered have not been billed. This point is made clearly on the HDS web site.