What are you getting your wife/girlfriend/mistress

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am having problems deciding what to buy for my girlfriend. I want to spend under $200 and the only two ideas I have are;

Cashmere scarf
Barefoot Dreams Robe

My girlfriend works at Saks Fifth Ave, and you could say she has a taste for the finer things in life.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Any ideas? (no perfume please!)

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What are you getting your wife/girlfriend/mist

i giving my little sister a photon freedom micro in purple if that helps......

neg

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm giving my girlfriend a gift certificate to Express, which is one of her favorite clothing stores.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Wish I had a mistress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Greta

Flashaholic

Peter... one of the things that I do for my daughter (and she LOVES IT!!!) is I go around to like 4 or 5 of her favorite stores in the mall and buy gift certificates. With a budget of $200, you could buy four $50 certs. Might I suggest Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Nordstrom's, Dillards and just for fun... Pier 1... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... Oh... and maybe throw in a bouquet of flowers... not roses but something Christmas-y... perhaps a basket of live plants that she can keep year round? The flower shops know how to make up really nice ones. Ok... maybe have one rose stuck in there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Added... chicks dig shopping... especially with someone else's money... so give the gift of shopping!!... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip Sasha! We just went to Bath and Body, she just got something from VS (really nice item I might add), and she use to be a manager at Nordstrom so she will know what to get. I will definitely use the plant idea also.

Side note: She tells me there are people at Nordstroms making 150k plus selling shoes! Al Bundy was working at the wrong store!

Larry, for one of your custom lights I will find you a mistress! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
A friend of mine makes gorgeous handmade scarves and I'll give one to my girlfriend for Christmas along with other gifts that I haven't yet decided on.

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I can't afford to give gifts to my wife, my mistress AND my girlfriend so this Christmas I'll just give my girlfriend a beautiful custom designed scarf created by a colleague who makes only a few each year. They are really gorgeous.

Brightnorm

junior

Enlightened

Victoria's Secret and Express is a very popular seller in my store.

I am buying my wonderful girlfriend something spiritual for Christmas. My Father bought here a womans bible with here name inscribed .

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Calphalon tri-ply stainless cookware and a new chef's knife

Oh wait, those are for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

She's getting Tiffany's "Return to" series jewlery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

d'mo

Enlightened

My wife and family are getting a trip to a warmer climate for a week or so... on a VERY tight budget.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast

wife wants car, Pablo is getting short of good excuses, needs help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ($ welcome also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

PAblo

kenny

Newly Enlightened

I've carved her a wax for a setting that has a really nice opal doublet in it and I will cast it next week in 14K gold (lost wax technique)-- I'll probably get her a chain to go with it. Of course there also has to be the ubiquitous pair of new slippers and a robe.

I usually tell her I'm going to give her something 'special', but she says she gets THAT every year!

mapson

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
ME

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you keep the receipt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I find Sasha's idea about the gift certificates a great one. Although, generally I don't surprise my wife, she just gets whatever she wants.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish I had anybody to get stuff for.....so I think I'll just get myself another strong drink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

flashlight_widow

Enlightened

Agreed that Tiffany jewelry is the way to go. I have 2 of the sterling silver bracelets from the "Return to Tiffany" collection and I love them! They're very stylish but still classic.

This one was this year's early Christmas present from the husband. In fact, I am wearing it today.
18968061_FL_LRG.jpg

This one was one of last year's Christmas presents.
13531749_FL_LRG.jpg

Both of those run $175.

Next on my list are the matching necklace and ring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kenny

Newly Enlightened

Wow,
Their marketing is better than Bose -- $10 bucks worth of silver for $175 bucks -- sign me up for some of that!
Widow, I'm in TX -- Fort Worth. Questions PM me. Get yourself a Rio Grande catalog -- lots of nice silver and gold stuff for nearly wholesale -- catalog is free. Much of the stuff is partially finished, which means you can order the stones you like, the setting and jsut install them yourself. Lots of stuff without stones too. Earings etc. The catalog is about an inch thick of just jewelry. I get my casting grain there and also a lot of the hardware and sheet silver and other findings I use. Ask for the gems and findings catalog.

For example, a mens comfort-fit gold ring might run nearly $300 bucks at the jeweler, there it's maybe $80-90 bucks (same ring!) -- of course I could be off a little as gold has gone up a bit, but you get the idea.

flashlight_widow

Enlightened

I guess the appeal is that it is a Tiffany piece. Tiffany is known for timeless, classic pieces. Of course part of it is paying for the name - just like with a Kate Spade or a Coach bag. Unfortunately for you gents, that's what many of us ladies seem to like! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To be honest, I generally don't like much jewelry and don't really wear very much. Those bracelets are the only pieces I wear, aside from my watch and my wedding band and engagement ring.