Best Three 3-Watt LED Flashlight

ricknlida

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at Elektrolumens and Inretech...any other "votes" for a better one that has three 3-watt bulbs?
Thanks!

gorlank

Enlightened
My votes on the Nuwai. Hard to beat for the price, ($40) it's small and bright. Super nice little light, mine rides in my jacket pocket.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased the Streamlight 2L LED 3W Luxeon Task-Light. It has two brightness modes and I find it very useful in my everyday needs. It is digitally regulated with a real nice beam. You did not state what your buget is but this light runs $71 at BrightGuy. Anyway I did post the link to BrightGuys Website if you would like to read about this light.

http://www.brightguy.com/detail.php?Sku=STR51008

Wrangler

Enlightened
Guys,
I guess ricknlida is looking for TRIPLE-3Watt lights such as the Tristar Phaser!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The Barbolights might be a good choice.

Wolfgang

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Barbolight has just come out. I know it is suposed to have great throw, but I don't think there have been any reviews. Also I think Wayne (EL) is doing a quad light. (4x3W)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Electrolumens "D" cell Anglelux....runtime to 50% max brightness of over 9 hours at 800-1000 LUX.

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mr_Dead said:
Second the Nuwai Q-III. No doubt there are other great qualifying lights out there, but this one rides inconspicuously on my belt behind my cell phone, and as such is the one that actually gets used. Great beam. At 2/$80, if I lose or damage it, I already have a spare on the shelf. That wouldn't be the case with any $100+ light.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the TM-115X Nuwai? With 2 brightness levels and a good price, I think it's a great light.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say I'm somewhat surprised (pleasently?) at the number of mentions for the Nuwai Q-III.

I do realize it's popular - probably because of its low price for a generally available 3-watt Luxeon - its small form factor and smart use of a single CR123, helps as well........ but "best" 3-watt Luxeon?

so consider this - there are quite a few 3-watt Luxeons listed at eBay - that cost less than $20 shipped (from Hong Kong) -

3w3AAA46.JPG

46_1_b.JPG

So if these were more available - would they get more mentions too?

gorlank

Enlightened
Hi Unknown,

I seem to recall several threads on these HK $20.00 lights, where the leds were not true Luxeons but cheap clones that died prematurely and the infamous cat urine green of the MXDL's. Also one poster said that these lights sell for about $8.00 in HK and are definitely not Luxeons so caveat emptor.

I own four of the Nuwai QIII's. One's a personal user, one went to my brother, and two will be going out as Xmas presents. They are nifty little lights and are a revelation to a guy who was used to "Mag" level lighting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gorlank

Enlightened
Oooops, sorry, didn't even realize there was such an animal as a triple luxeon light.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Minjin said:
Guys, the thread is about TRIPLE Luxeon lights, not single Luxeon lights.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the InReTech 3x3 watt in my December avatar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashking

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
UnknownVT said:
I must say I'm somewhat surprised (pleasently?) at the number of mentions for the Nuwai Q-III.

I do realize it's popular - probably because of its low price for a generally available 3-watt Luxeon - its small form factor and smart use of a single CR123, helps as well........ but "best" 3-watt Luxeon?

so consider this - there are quite a few 3-watt Luxeons listed at eBay - that cost less than $20 shipped (from Hong Kong) -

3w3AAA46.JPG

46_1_b.JPG

So if these were more available - would they get more mentions too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but i've had a bad experience with the 1st MXDL pictured... everytime after 10 minutes runtime the flashlight starts to flicker brightness up and down no matter how tight I have everything it still does this. For an extra $20 you get an extremely nice light in the Q-III that does have booster regulation to keep a nice constant beam of light that lasts for a very acceptable time on 1 123 battery

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Posting on a flashlight with three Lux IIIs in it...

I have now seen a barbolight U-09. It is designed as a heavy duty dive light with good throw. So as a dive light it has a heavier switch and is a little harder to turn on for example. But from what I have seen it has great throw, if you want that. The review is in the reviews section.

Also, Electrolumins has a "Quad" that you might want to check out.

Did that help?

Free

Enlightened
I have a Tristar Phazer
Two 3D Tristars
Two 4D Tristars
Two Pentaluxes
One Quad
Two Barbolight 3X3 Dive lights

So, I think I am qualified to comment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It really depends on what you want in a flashlight, and what you are willing to spend. If you want one that is waterproof, and can afford it,you must get the Barbolights, they are phenomenal dive lights. If you want the greatest output, and run time, I highly recomend the 4D Tristars (if you can get one).
The Phazer is a nice relatively compact light with a decent output, but I don't care for the tail switch.

If you want the best multi 3W light, and can spend $150 get the Quad, it has the most incredible beam in the most compact form of all my lights, and is my favorite.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Fraen TriOptic or 3 reflectors better on throw and overall light output?

Free

Enlightened
The light that has the very best throw is the Barbolight U-09, which has 3 IMS 20mm optics. The Fraen gives a more diffuse wall of light.