Where are Nuwai QIII's made?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Where are Nuwai QIII\'s made?

Anyone know where they are maniufactured and assembled?

China, Taiwan?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Re: Where are Nuwai QIII\'s made?

Thanks. (Bummer!)

How does a Kuwai QIII compare to a TW4 (E1e body with L4 head?)

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've heard the Q-III compares pretty well with the TW4, especially if it's running on r123's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened

I assumed China, and still think it's likely, but...

Here's an interesting bit from another thread. Take a look a this light:

Q-III relative (apparently they're going for $35 on eBay)

and get this:

"The circuits and the bodies are designed and assembled in Spain with expertise and old world craftsmanship."

Spain?

nexro

Enlightened

My TW4 on R123 vs QIII on R123 shows that I will EDC my TW4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The circuit in the QIII resembles the one shown in the ZXSC300 datasheet for "maximum battery life" configuration.

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Take a look a this light:
Overpriced Q-III relative (apparently they're going for $35 on eBay)

[/ QUOTE ]

Until I hear from more folks who've purchased the 2X123, 3 watt, Ombu X-33 (or it's exact copy) on e-bay (for $35+$9 shipping)...or until I receive the one I ordered last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...I'll hold my enthusiasm in check for now.

AW

Newly Enlightened

I have got the $35 Nuwai 2 CR123 from Ebay. Not very amazing compared with my QIII. A lot dimmer even it's a 2 cell light. I 'll stick with my QIII as a work horse.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

I should've been more specific - the brightness with r123's on the Q-III can be comparable to the TW4, since at that point the circuit is cut almost completely out of the loop and the 3.7v overdrives the LuxIII a bit. However, the TW4 has a far better flood at that level because of the LuxV... even if it's not as bright as it could be... though the difference is less on 3.7-4.2v r123's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally, I'll stick with the Q-III for now - less to lose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

stockae92

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
I have got the $35 Nuwai 2 CR123 from Ebay. Not very amazing compared with my QIII. A lot dimmer even it's a 2 cell light. I 'll stick with my QIII as a work horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be quite disappointing to see a 2 cell LuxIII is less bright than the 1 cell version

but get this, they also have a X-55 with 5W ...

nexro

Enlightened

Haesslich, quite true. the Q3 is overdriven with my R123. Throw wise, I am actually quite disaapointed with the Q3. Either my Q3s don't throw well or my other lights are really better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Eg: My micra with a SO17XA throws a slightly better than the Q3. Note also that my micra is 1W and powered by the same R123. However, the side-spill on the Q3 is brighter. Perhaps the reflector in the Q3 is designed for decent throw?
I was also expecting the Q3 to out throw my Inova X0 (another 1Watt light).

flashking

Newly Enlightened

nexro, what model R123's are you using and where could I pick them up? Thanks

nexro

Enlightened

I am using the unprotected ones. I saw a pic of it somewhere in BST. Anyway, I recommend using the protected ones from JSB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened

Since I already have a TW4, e1e, E2e, L4 would it be a waste of money to get the Q-III?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Depends - are you concerned at all about damaging or losing the TW4 in normal use? IF so, pick up the Q-III, if only so you don't feel guilty about damaging your baby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif