• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:Boxed silver MiniMag, TX1J, BB500 - $80 shipped

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
tx1jsandwich.jpg

BB500 converter, 500mA constant-current regulated mod. Luxeon 3 TX1J LED and a SO17XA reflector. Runtime is around 2:15 and the light is bright, white and beautiful, even next to my TW0L "Reference White" light.

You get 2 Sanyo 2100mAH NiMH (not shown) with the light, too. Light is brand new, gift boxed.

Drop me a PM if you're interested. Paypal (CC/non-CC) ONLY, sorry no other payment options available. Buy it by the weekend and I'll include one of the $1.25 LEDs (see sig for details).

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:Boxed silver MiniMag, TX1J, BB500 - $90 shipped

Takin' the price down a notch. Hoping to move this one in time for Christmas. It's only 15 days away, and yes, I will bump you up to express airmail shipping and hope it gets there in time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can now take non-CC PP and provide a discount for that.

Runtime tests on 'seasoned' NiMHs indicate 2:15 of full power runtime before the BB500 drops into moon mode for a long tail of light. (you may need to use the provided NiMHs a few times before they come up to full capacity, since they really are brand new)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:Boxed silver MiniMag, TX1J, BB500 - $90 shipped

Drop and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif again. Is it that bad a deal? PM me and we can work something out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:Boxed silver MiniMag, TX1J, BB500 - $90 shi

Why weren't you selling this when I had money? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Incidentally, I think the person I'm giving the light I bought from you to will find it very useful. Thank you again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since I know you, take it with a LOW downpayment and one easy instalment! Interest free! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glad you liked how the other MicroMagMadMax+ turned out. Wish I had a lathe, I'd sell more of those, they seem to move much better than the full size 2AAs, probably because of size. OTOH, the 2AAs are much brighter and can take the Badboy converters as well for even more power.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, but the small ones are WAY more pocketable. Plus the MadMax+ means it'll suck all the juice out of the Alkalines they might need - and they can't have it TOO bright, so I suspect they'll use that or the NiMH's for most of their work (stage work). For outside, though, I got them Lithiums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But they really ARE impressive, especially for someone used to normal MiniMag's. How much brighter is this than the MicroMag, or is the runtime a lot better? I might end up getting them something to replace their normal Micromag too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Torch_Boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haesslich: The increase in output is quite substantial. I suspect the MM+ WO converter feeds the Luxeon something in the range of 300mA in the MicroMag setup. Of course, the BB500 is certain to be 500mA - there seems to be a big increase, almost doubling of the light. Double the NiMH, double the output, same runtime.

As above, runtime is 2:15 in full regulation before the BB flickers a little. Two NiMH are included so operating cost is near zero.

sandwich4.jpg

Here is one of my older TV1K/BB500 sandwiches stomping my stock 350mA KL1. The MMMM+ setups are a little less bright than the KL1, which in turn is a lot less bright than the sandwich..

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice. Someone should buy this, even if I can't yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is that a new style KL1 (looks like the KL4), or an old style one with a HD lux? Thanks

-Mike

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's the 3rd-gen KL1, HD, NX05, 100% stock. Still one of my EDCs. You can probably guess because of the sidespill, the new KL1 has NO sidespill at all :

kl1t-turbohead-2.jpg

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kevin, who said the MMMM+ is less bright than KL1...
Well then again mine is on speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's my MMMM+ (on speed) vs KL1
e1emmmm7th.jpg

Another one MMMM+ (on speed) vs MiniMag BB400
mmbb400mmmm6pk.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

sshhh, feeding it a diet of steroids and lithium ion doesn't count /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Maybe I should get someone to cut this 2AA MM down to a MicroMag, outfit it with a 14500 and sell it for MORE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last drop before this one becomes a keeper..or gets given away by me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry man - I can't get it myself, or I would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, no problem at all.. I appreciate your support /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif besides, you've already bought one of the MicroMagMadMax+.

I may have something even you can afford in the near future though....it all depends on whether an incoming shipment makes it through to me this week or whether the postal service does another one of those things that result in me filling out paperwork and demanding explanations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If it doesn't make it this week, it'll probably show after Christmas.. surprising how air mail CAN take 6-8 weeks around Christmas season. Even my 4-5 day Global Priority has become 8-10 day Global But Not Really All That Priority /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eh, it'll take me that long to recover from Xmas, at least, so I can look at what you've got then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sorry Kevin I'd love to get this but I have to save up for a MMMM+ for my microMag I just bought. Otherwise I'd get it