Seeking LED Recoomendation

DocFossil

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for a LED flashlight with several characteristics to no avail. I would like to ask the forum for any recommendations that they may have.

I am looking for an LED flashlight that runs on AA or 9V batteries.
It should be compact, Inova 5 size or smaller
It should turn on with a size switch or with a rotating head. No tail cap switch or turning on by rotating the tail cap.
I would like the flashlight to have a tight, bright beam like the 9V Pal Survival LED flashlight.
Waterproof is not required, water resistant (can be used in rain) would be nice.

The 9V PAL Survival comes close to my requirements, however, I do not want the always-on feature, and it changes light mode too easily when carried in a pocket.

If anyone has a recommendation I would like to know what light(s) you recommend. Please note that price is not a consideration. If it is the right flashlight, whether $10 or $75, that is fine with me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards,
docFossil

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
One light that I can think of with that sort of fit is the MicroMags which occasionally get sold in the "Custom B/S/T Lights" forum - most of the other AA-lights are far bigger than the X5 because they use 2xAA... but the beam's not that tight. The other thing that comes to mind is one of the Peak lights.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello DocFossil,

Welcome to CPF.

You may want to check out the AA lights at www.peakLEDsolutions.com.

I have a 5 LED with "Snow" LED's and the High Power version. It is quite nice. If that is not enough light, they offer an Ultra High version that is a bit brighter. It is also available in Brass or Stainless for a distinguished look.

Tom

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
I'm still a little new here, but how about a modded AA m*g with the opalec newbeam convertion. The beam is pretty good, it lasts hours on a set of batteries, turns on at the bezel, is H2O resistant and m*g boddies are rather well built.

Just a thought, don't know if its a good one but its a thought.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would encourage you to look into LED_ASAP's mods. Awesome potential and very, very handy size.

MJWood

Newly Enlightened
I've heard a lot of good things about the UK 2AAA eLED. Thinking of picking one up for myself one of these days! Seems like a great solution for the price tag!