Blown away by QIII!

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my QIII today,all I can say is that; I had no idea! This thing is almost half the weight and lenght of my LedXtreme Predator with the same output! This going to be my new EDC light that will replace my LedXtreme Predator and SP E1E/KL-1, both of which are now on their way to my sister.

chiphead

Gee, I love this site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

stockae92

Enlightened
Q-III is small and bright

and the i really like mine for the reason that i can put it in the pouch and EDC it on belt pretty much in anyway outfit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i like mine

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ditto the above.

Just got mine yesterday. Excellent price for this much output. It's in the carry pouch on my belt today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gorlank

Enlightened
My new mantra: A chicken in every pot and a QIII on every belt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really like it more than the E1E/KL1 combo?

Wow! That's pretty impressive.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gorlank said:
My new mantra: A chicken in every pot and a QIII on every belt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! That is fantastic!

Someone needs that in their signature file.

stockae92

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
gorlank said:

[/ QUOTE ]

good if you sell Q-III for a living /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(or if you sell chicken for a living /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no. It's that one of my sisters needed something she could put in her purse, so I sent her my SP E1E/KL-1. but I must confess that the QIII feels lighter.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
chiphead

Santelmo

Enlightened
I hate posts like this about the Q3! Makes me REALLY, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif anxious to get mine from the states already!

mapson

Enlightened
IMO, Q3 deserves the raves it gets. At it's price point, I don't think there any other competition in size and brightness.

gorlank

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
mapson said:
IMO, Q3 deserves the raves it gets. At it's price point, I don't think there any other competition in size and brightness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%, I think it's a super way to introduce people to the world of modern led lights. The price isn't so scary to put people off who say "You paid how much for that??"

[ QUOTE ]
chiphead said:
This going to be my new EDC light that will replace my LedXtreme Predator and SP E1E/KL-1, both of which are now on their way to my sister.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chiphead, if you're talking about the E1e with the older style KL1, I'd agree. But if you're talking about the E1e with the new style KL1, I would disagree. The new KL1 is great. However, you're right on that the Q-III blows away the competition at that price point!

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Chiphead, if you're talking about the E1e with the older style KL1, I'd agree. But if you're talking about the E1e with the new style KL1, I would disagree. The new KL1 is great. However, you're right on that the Q-III blows away the competition at that price point!

[/ QUOTE ]
Respectfully disagree. I have the E1e with the new KL1 (and clicky), and I much prefer the Q-III. The build quality is not as great, but IMHO the beam is MUCH more generally useful, and it does seem a bit smaller and lighter. I'll probably sell the E1e/KL1. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't use it.

Just one vote.

[ QUOTE ]
Mr_Dead said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Respectfully disagree. I have the E1e with the new KL1 (and clicky), and I much prefer the Q-III. The build quality is not as great, but IMHO the beam is MUCH more generally useful, and it does seem a bit smaller and lighter. I'll probably sell the E1e/KL1. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't use it.

Just one vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully disagree. The Surefire E1e-KL1 New Style is a better all around light with further throw. Not as pure of a beam, I'll grant you that, and not nearly in the same ballpark from a pricing standpoint, but a much better, more versatile, all around light with loads more build options. Summary ~ Q-III: great little $40 light. E1e-KL1: first-rate quality, exceptional little $100 light. I think most would take the E1e-KL1 over the Q-III if price is not a factor.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
There's no denying, however, that the Q-III has a much better "general purpose" beam than the KL1. The KL1 is kinda like the Inova TIROS lights, in that it's a thrower and not a flooder.

Did I just make up that word?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This light just arrived today and I was also amazed with what I got for such a good price from CountyComm.
Until you hold one you really dont realize how small it is and the amount of light it generates.The pics here are good however do not clearly show the general size and plain old good "feel" this light has.
It really does overpower all my Arc LS models with the exception of my LitFuse modded one however it isnt far behind that one either.
Nuwai has done a fantastic job of producing medium quality and decent priced lights lately.It just goes to show you that one can have a decent light for a good price.Granted it is not up to par with some of the costly customs and high end lights however for the cost this light can hold its own with many of them as far as actual output for size ratio.
This has been the best 38 dollars I have spent in a long time and I would gladly reccomend this light to anyone.
I am so tempted to take it apart as I am very curious as to the BIN code of this luxeon due to its brightness.I am afraid I may mess up the centering of the hotspot as it is perfect as it is.I think I will leave well enough alone for now and just enjoy this little bargain of a light.

davidra

Enlightened
I just got mine and it sure blew my LSH-P out of the water. I was particularly interested to see how it compared with my XM-3 (definitely been buying too many recently). Interesting comparison. I moved the famous washer on the XM-3 so I get a little more throw with it, and the spill is wider because of the larger reflector; but the QIII, about a third the size of the XM3, is real close. It puts out more flood; the spill ring is smaller, but with brighter fill than the XM3. They're both great lights, about the same price, both with LIIIs, using different batteries, but the QIII is very impressive and whole lot easier to carry around.