5 LED Tikka?

Saaby

Flashaholic
I actually saw one of these at scout camp...I think. Not sure though because I never saw it in daylight and when my friend told the guy I was a "Flashaholic" he kinda gradually backed away if you know what I mean
wink.gif

Anyway it seemed plenty bright but unfortunatly I can not comment on anything other than that...

Don't you know the first rule of CPF and eBay? Don't post an auction you're bidding on
winkie.jpg

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The seller has very good feedback rating. The auction in question never made mention about weather/water resistance/proof. With that slide switch on top, indoor use only.

So, if you are thinking about using it underground: not a good idea.

I just got a 3 LED PT module for my PT Solo from Brightguy (ordered monday and got it tuesday UPS ground). It is perfectly engineered, regulated module, with 40 hours Alkaline and 100+ hours Lithium AA. The Solo uses a pair of AA batteries, and is waterproof. A better choice would be a Solo and this module, or a PT Matrix (same module).

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
I have one and I have one thing to say: DON'T!!!
It has very blue, dim LEDs and eats bateries like nothing else.
You can replace the LEDs with Nichia's, but I don't think it's worth the money.
Buy a Tikka!!
wink.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have few of them. It's not Nichia LED. It was OK on the first set of battery. It becomes dimmer and dimmer (dimmer than the worst 3-LED light I have) even on fresh battery. It seems to me the LED degrade very fast and stay steady on a certain point after a few set of batteries. This is real bad LED light. Many items carried by the same seller are good but not this one.

Alan

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Charles Bradshaw:

I just got a 3 LED PT module for my PT Solo from Brightguy (ordered monday and got it tuesday UPS ground). It is perfectly engineered, regulated module, with 40 hours Alkaline and 100+ hours Lithium AA. The Solo uses a pair of AA batteries, and is waterproof. A better choice would be a Solo and this module, or a PT Matrix (same module).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Matrix module is very dim for a 3 LED light. My single LED arc aaa or Infinity ultra is as bright.
frown.gif

Still it is usefull if a bit overpriced for what you get. A Opalec is a much better deal IMHO.

Latest posts