Everyday working light sightings

Flatscan

Enlightened
There's a guy working on our copier using a silver X5T. I walked by, thought, "Hmmm, that beam looks a little cool", then positively ID'd the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think this might be the most technologically advanced light that I've seen in person that I didn't own or help acquire (the Surefire salesman that I met once doesn't count). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I've seen others for sale that are in the same ballpark.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only think of one person that I've ever seen outside of someone I knew gun-related that had a 'cool' flashlight and that was a copy machine repairman that had a Surefire E2E. Said he had several other Surefires at home but had never heard of Inova. This was before I found CPF.

Zigzago

Enlightened
The only people I've seen in real life that had expensive flashlights are a few cops with tactical lights on their belts.

But that's OK. If high end flashlights suddenly became trendy (featured on the cover of Time magazine) and everyone had them and was talking about them, I probably wouldn't be interested anymore.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of my fellow SAR guys started using LED headlamps, that's usually where I see nifty gadgetry. .

cdf

Enlightened
Me and my 1 co-worker have Sure fires . I also know a Limo . Driver who has one . The down side is in both cases I gave the gentelmen in question the lights in question .

greenLED

Flashaholic
- A guy in my building has a minimag that I'm sure (actually, I hope!) has some special filter (just 'cuz he works at the laser lab down the hall).

- Almost all the maintenance guys I see around here have stock minimags on their belts and when they need "serious brightness" they pull out 3D Mags /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

- A girl in my Bio class pulled out a green Inova microlight after they turned off the lights one day. The only person with a light (besides me) in a class of almost 45 people. Actually, I had two lights on me and another one in my pack...

- Campus security have Streamlights (don't know what model, I'm not familiar with those).

- Local PD carries MagChargers.

- A girl at a crafts center had a PT Attitude with her keys.

- The apartment manager where I live has a 4D Mag.

- I forgot: back home there was a group of biologists doing bat research. They had some *sick* modded headlamps. The professor had this *monster* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif light (output-wise); it looked as bright as a car's headlamp. They all ran their lights off 6 or 12V sealed lead-acid batts. Come to think of it, that's when I started wondering if there was a way of making my 4D brighter somehow... if I had only known about CPF back then...

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
Suprisingly enough, EVERY copier repair guy I've run across (5+)is usually wearing a Coast LED on his belt or a X5. Same thing for the Pitney Bowes guys I've seen repairing the mailing machines.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the plumbers who visited recently to change out a defective valve carried this 2AA incandescent, a little larger and brighter than a MiniMag and had rubber grips, but roughly the same shape. Nothing I'd recognize.

NOBODY else carries lights around here because they believe it's not their problem and not their responsibility.

The rare few light users whom I have spoken to carry the Photon Microlight, or more often, the knockoffs (not the Real Thing). "Very bright, you know!" (what THEY don't know is yer talkin' to the guy with the 105 lumen incan or 5W variable power Luxeon..)

Flatscan

Enlightened
One of the maintenance guys replacing a light in the elevator bank had an LED light, couldn't tell what it was. Body resembled a LionHeart with 168A (extended) body, and beam was oddly similar to an Inova X1, very clear edge, pronounced blue color. I'm pretty sure it was Luxeon-based, due to its overall output and beam shape (multple 5mm tend to produce flood with a smooth edge), but the <font color="blue"> bluish</font> (not HID, not purple) beam confuses me.

I'm guessing that we'll continue to see slow but continuous adoption of LED lights by people who use them to work.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here's a thread from years past about a 7xAA flashlight that our Sheriff uses! I had given him a MiniMag with a Ill Pill that he liked so much that he asked if I could do something with his "club"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost everybody at my work, (Aircraft Maintenance) uses Streamlight Stingers. At least 10+, mechanics. I use an XM-3, Tri-Star Phazer, and for backup my 4 year old, Streamlight Stinger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
I was at the mall yesterday and I bumped into a guy carrying a SF 6P. I had to backtrack to make sure my eyes weren't playing games on me...

Nope, I'm not obessed with flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif...yet

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only Lights I've sighted at school are:
- A Dorcy AAA carried by one of my friends, however she stumbled across it on her own.
- Photon II Again on someone's keychain.

I get all sorts of weird looks for having anything, some of these people have never seen a decent incan in their live.

OddOne

Enlightened
The Snap-On distributor that visits my father's auto repair shop has carried Inova lights for almost a year now.

oO

Noel

Newly Enlightened
Typical working lights around me are minimags, 3D mag (police), kind of Princeton Tec Rage (firefighters, clipped to helmet), Streamlight Stinger (forest rangers), lots of crappy 2D nonames.
I probably own all Surefire lights within a distance of 200 kilometers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A guy who came to inspect my Grandmothers house before closing had a Streamlight (perhaps StingerHP).

Guy I know who's a carpenter/painter etc. and is IN to Guns and Knives had a Stinger in his back pocket last time I saw him.

Nobody I know has anything as cool as a Lambda pill or anything, except one guy who had me duplicate a Madmax/Kroll mini.