Will a twisty tail work on any LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of plain Jane CR123 LS's with clicky tails, and would like to try a twisty tail on one to shorten up the light.

Will a twisty tail function on any LS?

thx

best regards

cy

Flashaholic
twisties came in several different depths to fit different boards. if contact is short, easiest fix is the std crushed aluminum foil. after you experiment to get correct height, pretty reliable.

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
I have a first run twisty that works great with a LSHF-P and a modded LuxIII LSH as well. You may have a little battery rattle, but you can always add a pad. (use a Dr. Scholl corn pad, it's the same original "poron" material)

Polar

Newly Enlightened
Is the arc twisty supposed to have a pad in the bottom of the twisty? My first run doesn't? Is mine missing something?
Thanks

wmirag

Enlightened
I got a twisty from B/S/T for my old LSL-P ... to replace my two-stage clicky. It appears that the twisty's are not all the same.

The one I got is 3/64" in diameter larger than my LSL. The small lip this creates has been a practical plus if a SMALL visual minus. My LSL is now so small that it fits in that "change pocket" in jeans with room to spare.

Also, the post in the bottom of my new twisty is only 1/32 to 3/64 higher than the surrounding area. So I don't think it's a good candidate for one of those drop-in mods. Luckily I don't need the low stage. I just use that spare room in the change pocket for my AAA-P.

ledvador

Newly Enlightened
I bought one here in B/S/T and it work fine exept two thing,
first it apear a litle larger in diameter than my LSH-S that i use with it and it feel not nice in design, second i have a litle battery rattle cause there is no foam ring inside the bottom as the AAA get, but i can doing one with piece of foam.

ledvador

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Nikon... this is exatly what i thought...
...is there any one here would like to trade my 1x123 twisty LS first run for one 1x123 twisty LSH-S?

Filament

Newly Enlightened
As a new owner of an LS twisty (thanks Phil B!!), I love the form factor, but the battery rattle was annoying, nothing functional - just annoying. I've tried the Dr. Scholl's foam pad on my HAIII Ultra-G and it works, but it quickly starts picking up dirt/oil/oxides from the threads. I also had some concerns about it losing its resiliancy over time, and the potential for glue gunk when it was replacement time. I went to Home Depot and, after some trial and error, found an o-ring that just fit over the diameter of the bottom post, and stuck up just enough to keep the battery from rattling, but would give when compressed. From this thread it looks like there are several different twisty's out there, but mine took a 3/8 x 1/4 x 1/16 o-ring (#5). When it loses compression, you can just pop it out and replace it with another.

Status
Not open for further replies.