Great Q-III vs. Factory Minimag Story

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the furnace man over the other day. He had the side panel off, and was shining in there with his Minimag in original configuration [of course]. I asked if he wanted me to give him light, so I shined my Q-III in there. Totally overtook the beam from the Minimag, could barely even see it. Then the funny line from the guy, "I just put new batteries in this thing too!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

gorlank

Enlightened
Lol, cool story. Nothing better than impressing someone with your light.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, but did you tell him where to get one? That way he can carry one and people can ask him where he got it... Of course you need to tell him where to get battereies for a buck too.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but I think he thought it was too expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
LOL! A similar story happened a couple of months ago at our place. We had the phone company guy look at our indoor wiring. My wife thought he might need some "more light" and handed him my (then) brand-new Peli M6 incan with fresh batts... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
> My wife thought he might need some "more light" and
> handed him my (then) brand-new Peli M6 incan with
> fresh batts...

Oh now that IS a funny one. Did you have to bandage his eyes and lead him around by the hand for awhile?

greenLED

Flashaholic
He blinked a couple of times in surprise, looked up and... asked my wife if we had a Maglite he could borrow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

alberto

Enlightened
Unfortunately, those who use and like MiniM*gs don't know what they don't know -- that there are better lights. I was one of them at one time....

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of the time I wasn't in and the folks went to check on a leak in the roof:

"Oh next time if you need a light you can borrow one of my Mags, they're just sitting around and never leave the house"

"We already did..."

"Which one?"

"The one with the green stripe and IT WAS BRIGHT"

Hmm.. 'the green stripe' is the 170-lumen Luxeon V WX1U regulated Mag with a strip of glowsheet around it so I can find it in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif