Newbie Help, Please

Richard

Newly Enlightened
I happened upon you folks after watching the movie, "Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind." They used Arc flashlights, so I started some searching and here I am. I soon found out Arc is out of business.

What I am looking for is two flashlights for carrying on my motorcycle. One about the size of a 2 AA Maglight and one the size of a mini-Maglight. It's a 4 cylinder bike and the vibrations are pretty high frequency and the Maglights can't take it. And they aren't bright enough. I'm thinking something in the $50 to $70 range for both.

I don't even know where to start to look on the board, so I'm asking straight out. I like good quality tools and will be flexible moneywise to get them, but the budget is tight. I like the idea of LEDs because sometimes you get stranded on the side of the road with a repair that may take some time to complete. My rather dim, cheap, LED I bought for hanging in the tent for next to nothing actually saved my butt this year. Something that could throw a very bright beam would be nice so I can flash cars a warning from the side of the road.

Thank you in advance for answering such rudimentary questions.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
here is a couple of highly recommended small lights

NUWAI Q-III LED 3w / 75 lum costs approx $39.00 + shipping at www.countycomm.com

another really rugged mini mag size light is the xm3 3W Luxeon , this thing is made like a rock. 39.00 + shipping at http://www.elektrolumens.com/index.html

if you are worried about durability of the light I would go with the xm3.

enjoy
Doug

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing you want a big light and a small light...

You will want LED's so you don't have to worry about vibration. For the big light maybe a Streamlight tasklight or twintask, or Streamlight TL-2 LED, or Pelican M6 LED. For the small light maybe a Gerber Trio, a Nuwai QuantumI or QuantumIII or the similar light at Sharper Image.

Richard

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for your help and the welcome. I have a feeling I am going to end up with more than a couple lights. I just love good, practical tools.

Another movie where a flashlight is used for lighting, "Dogville".

Thank again,