Flashlight advise.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
I'm running out of places to put all these flashlights people! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, lets be creative and analyze the situation...

You've got a belt and a couple of pants pockets, a briefcase, maybe a toolbox, a desk, one or 2 bedside tables, a car, maybe a garage, maybe some camping gear.

That's for starters. Of course for the ones that you use the most you have to have spares, that may or may not have to be identical to the ones that you use.

evanlocc

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have room for you to 'put' your flashlight, especially the UKE series.
Just sent it to me and i will paypal you the postage.

Please PM me if you would like my ideal!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Usually, that's what I use for storing my flashlights and parts:

4547315880263_m.jpg

Link to Muji drawer

I felt that it could keep the flashlights/parts from dust and 'accidental' drops to the grounds. Not to mention if anyone battery decided to explode, it will be well contained in a drawer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

RussH

Enlightened
Take the ones with lanyard loops or other attachment points and hang one in each closet. Handy for light in the corners or behind cloths but easily removable for some other application.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
Let's see I've got one in my wifes car. One in my car soon to be two. Two on my nightstand,two in the kitchen.

I need more ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Hanging one in the closet is interesting. I guess I could put one in the attic.

MoonRise

Enlightened
Do not leave a light, especially loaded with alkaline cells, in the attic! The summertime heat will usually damage the cells pretty quickly, leading to a leaking cell.

Let's see, 2 cars with 2 each = 4, 2 people with 2 each makes 4 more = 8, two in the kitchen =10, two in the nightstand=12.

Man, you're short of lights already! There are none in the garage, or the tool box(es), or the briefcase, or the camping gear box/crate, or in the closet, or hanging on the wall in the stairway to the basement, etc.

Techmedic

Enlightened
The wall on the stairway to the basement is an excellent place to have a good reliable light, particularily for family members to look under couches for toys, the TV remote and during power failures as the first one to grab. Even in pitch darkness they can make their way to the basement door and (feel) reach up and grab it.
I have a 2C mag light beside my main floor fire extinguisher, just inside the basement door on the wall.
Same with the 2nd floor; 2D mag beside fire extinguisher. Although the mags are not that bright or exotic, they serve the basic purpose.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MoonRise said:
Do not leave a light, especially loaded with alkaline cells, in the attic! The summertime heat will usually damage the cells pretty quickly, leading to a leaking cell.

Let's see, 2 cars with 2 each = 4, 2 people with 2 each makes 4 more = 8, two in the kitchen =10, two in the nightstand=12.
Man, you're short of lights already! There are none in the garage, or the tool box(es), or the briefcase, or the camping gear box/crate, or in the closet, or hanging on the wall in the stairway to the basement, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You right I do need more!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's a good light for the garage? It would have to run on lithiums. And be one hand operable (no twisty on off).

STEVENT6

Enlightened
You have about a dozen lights, and their all good. What are you going to do when you have 60-70 or more. Be a good Flashaholic and buy the ones you're considering.