Question about PR-T / McR-27 reflectors

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys!

I was reading into the custom forum and Mcgizmo forum and read something about a McR-27 reflector, I searched and could not find anything more than this is an upgrade reflector for the venerable PR-T. since it has a better reflective surface.

Does anyone have comparison photos between the regular PR-T and the McR-27? URL's?

Also where can I buy one? is it direct replacement or does some modification has to be done to adapt it?

Any information would be greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help

AlexGT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
AlexGT,
It is a direct replacement and beam shots would not show any difference as the beam pattern is identical; or as close to identical as two reflectors of the same reflective curve can be. The difference is in the reflective surface. A lux meter will give you a before and after and typically show something in the neighborhood of 10% increase.

These are available from the shoppe.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much McGizmo, I checked the shoppe and found that there are 2 types of McR-27, which one is the direct fit to the PR-T? I am thinking that it is the one that says soft aluminum and the other SF classic but want to make sure before I order. Can you help?

Thank you again for your help.

AlexGT