Unpleasant Dealer Experience....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I placed an online order with www.uws.com on the weekend for an M3T, E1 and a Gerber multi-tool. This was, for me, a reasonably large order in dollar terms (about $400) and because I'm putting together an emergency kit and want to complete it as soon as possible (I live in NYC), I requested 2-Day Air shipping. Naturally, I expected it to ship on Monday, but when I didn't hear from them yesterday, I left a message for them yesterday evening. This morning, after still nothing from them, I called again and was informed that not only was my order not sent, but that my items weren't even in stock. Not their fault, I guess, but when I asked when they planned to contact me to let me know they couldn't fill my order, their reply was NEVER. I was told that their current policy, since 9/11, is NOT to contact customers if there is a problem with their order. I called back to confirm, and spoke to the owner, who explained that that they are simply back-logged which is totally understandable, but I didn't feel terribly re-assured as he didn't seem the least bit concerned that his employee was giving people the wrong information. At the very least, it seems that ordering from them is not going to be without it's problems.

Any suggestions on where I can get good prices on the M3T and E1?

best,

Arnold

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arnold. Thanks for the warning. BTW, I've checked USW before and they got alot of neat stuff, the prices are not so neat. I have been looking for a M3 and here are the best i've found so far. www.tannersstorefront.com $154 www.botachtactical.com $169 www.brightguy.com $171 www.arizonagunrunner.com $158
Good luck. Let me know if you find one cheaper.
.....dana....
grin.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note AGR also gives a discount based on the amount you order. It's not huge, but it probably makes them the least expensive - especially if you are ordering several items at once.

I just placed an order for them so I guess I'll see how fast it comes and how they do.

FWIW, I had previously ordered an M6 from Botach who cancled the order since they didn't have them in stock. They did have an electronic notification that was good, but I would have rathered be able to leave the item on order until they had stock.

I've ordered from Botach and Brightguy w/o problems in the past.

-john

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Many thanks for the leads..I've got to try to get my order filled today.

There was one other annoying thing about www.uws.com. They did not have a 'normal' online order form of the type where you simply click things and they go in your basket. You have to open two web pages, one with the item you want and the other with the order form, and then separately cut and paste the model number, description and price into their appropriate fields, then you have to add it up yourself! Crazy.

best,

Arnold

Gman

Enlightened
AGR is the way to go. Gary's a good guy and his customer service is great. Prices are pretty decent also. Check the specials section.

Dizney

Newly Enlightened
I also had trouble when I placed an order for SureFire lights with UWS last year. The items I ordered were not in stock and it wasn't until I called a week later that I discovered this. They couldn't provide an estimated time of shipping and in the meantime they charged my creditcard (on the day they received my order) for the entire amount. When I cancelled my order, it took 5 or 6 phonecalls and two months before they credited my account.

Since then I've dealt with Brightguy and AGR.......fantastic service and competitive prices. As far as Botach, it's hit and miss with them; they goofed up two of the four orders that I've placed over the past couple of years so I would recommend staying away from them. The second time they messed up my order I drove to their store (a former pawnshop in South Los Angeles) and took care of the problem in person. It was quickly resolved, but unfortunately most people are not able to do this.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arnold:
I was told that their current policy, since 9/11, is NOT to contact customers if there is a problem with their order. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arnold:
I called back to confirm, and spoke to the owner, .......he didn't seem the least bit concerned that his employee was giving people the wrong information<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the WARNING!!!

Looks like their modus-operandi and attitude towards customer is the same as Botach.

- verge -

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
HHmmm...I've always been a bit aprehensive about keeping these threads (i.e.d ealer problems, praises, etc) going...but as long as it stays civil, it should be o.k....

--dan

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
There is a difference in informing and inflaming - just like a difference in a moderator and a censor - so long as the postings are factual and are of value, no censorship is called for.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

well I'm glad you did keep this thread, has any one got uws's phone number? I can't find it on their website..I'm having a prob with uws...I ordered an asp triad, a week later, no ups truck
frown.gif
-- emailed one day, and the next day, still no response..
confused.gif

...wish I read this string first, where else can I get the asp triad?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Arnold,

I've had many dealings I've had with AGR and never been disatisfied. If there ever was any problem at all, it was quickly and cheerfully resolved.

I highly recommend both sites.

Brightnorm

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>TtL, I got mine @ Tannersport. But if you really want one, I'll sell you mine. It's like new + I have a spare bulb. I aquired too many 6V lights this size. TX
(it's the shiney aluim one, not the black one)

Size15's

Flashaholic
confused.gif
I'm not certaineither where to move this thead to...
confused.gif

I suppose it'll stay here until another PTB moves it or I find out where to put it!

Censorship isn't the issue for the Moderators in this case. We could really do with a section for discussing Dealers. I guess the reason CPF doesn't is because of people getting mad or stuff? I'm all for informing, and against flaming etc.

We tend to keep it together pretty nice anyways.

:shrugs:

Al
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
[qb]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>TtL, I got mine @ Tannersport. But if you really want one, I'll sell you mine. It's like new + I have a spare bulb. I aquired too many 6V lights this size. TX
(it's the shiney aluim one, not the black one)[/QB]
thanks TX, has it got the tightest beam of them all? How much will you let it go for? (your email at the cpf board is 'off') -TTL

spud

Newly Enlightened
ted the led.

I too am having problems with uws, over a benchmade knife ordered 12.19.2001.
it still hasn't arrived
mad.gif

I've been contacting them on ;
203 263 3494

Hope this helps.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried Lagger-Pro? I placed an order with them on a Thursday evening, got it the following Monday afternoon, the priority shipping was FREE, and the people were great! I placed my order over the phone so I could be sure they had it in stock, and everyone acted as if they appreciated my buisness (what a concept...)! And their prices are very competitive...got a SF E1GM with a spare lamp for $60.00. Check 'em out!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif