The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Help me here: SF e1 v. Peak LED McKinnley lumens

Enlightened

Default Help me here: SF e1 v. Peak LED McKinnley lumens

I am looking at the "new" (to me) Peak Led McKinnley 7 LED light to replace my SF E1e. The E1e says that it has ~15 lumens output (I am not sure of the range that it was measured) and the Peak McKinnley says that it has from 96-128 lumens.

Now, does that actually mean that the Peak puts out 4-5 times the amount of light as my little Sure Fire? If it does, then why don't more people buy these little boogers. I know that they will become more popular since Arc is now closed and their prices are high already, but for the same amount (aprox) of money as my SureFire I could get at least 4 times the lumens and in an LED...WHEW! Sounds good.

If this comparison is not true/accurate (LED v. incand) STILL try to tell me NOT to buy one. Size, look, fit/finish, price, LED, etc all look good. What am I missing?

David

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Help me here: SF e1 v. Peak LED McKinnley lumens

A little mistake. The Peak was measured in Candlepower, not lumens. Candlepower is a measurement of brightness at a point, not overall output (Lumens).

I would guess the Peak 7 LED would put out 14 or so Lumens.

Sounding like a broken record, but if you want to replace the E1e, look at the QIII. Fine piece of work.

Flashaholic*

Didn't believe me huh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mark

Enlightened

Thanks guys- my mistake on the different measurements. Do any of you habe any experience with the Peaks? Tell me more about the QIII please.

Default Re: Help me here: SF e1 v. Peak LED McKinnley lume

I don't know which light, but it would be rechargable coupled with a backpack solar cell.

There are tons of recent posts about the QIII...including this one.

Flashaholic*

I'd go for one of the new SF KL1 luxeon heads, particularly if you like tight beams with great throw in a small package. Just screw it on your E1E and you're good to go. I really like my KL1. I have a couple McKinleys, one white and one green, and they're nice lights too, but no where in the same league as the KL1 head.