What light would you choose if you were on "Lost"?

gorlank

Enlightened
What light would you choose if you were on \"Lost\"?

Anyone watch the great ABC show Lost about survivors of a plane crash stuck on a mysterious island? It's a wonderful show and a nice showcase for knives and lights.
So what flashlight would you be packing if you were on that mysterious island?
I'm pretty new to this light business, (an ignorant Mag lite user for years)but I'd want a CMG Illuminator for its ungodly long life from just a single AA battery and maybe a modded Mini Mag with a Inretech led module. I'm sure there are lots of better choices though.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What light would you choose if you were on \"Lost\"?

(Not a mag)
I would go for a A2 aviator, L1 Lumamax, L2 Lumamax, or an Inova X5.

-tom

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

An EternaLight,(long runtime, dimmable, and S.O.S. to get you "found") and maybe one of those shake lights for after the batteries go dead in the EternaLight.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only one good answer: Swiss Light III.

I just finished watching the last two eps of Lost. They seem to use flashlights quite a bit. Its starting to get unrealistic that their battery supply would last this long.

Mark

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What light would you choose if you were on \"Lo

batsignal.jpg

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

I would choose the CPF Special Edition LionHeart. It has 64 brightness levels and will run more than a month on low! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

turbodog

Flashaholic

You guys are thinking about this from the wrong perspective. I'd take a 6D maglite with an everled. The everled would give tremendous runtime.

But more importantly, you could use the light as a weapon to enforce your policies within the group.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lightwave 4000 and a big box of batteries.

gorlank

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:
You guys are thinking about this from the wrong perspective. I'd take a 6D maglite with an everled. The everled would give tremendous runtime.

But more importantly, you could use the light as a weapon to enforce your policies within the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, Talk about rule with an iron hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kessler

Newly Enlightened

I don't know enough about lights yet to open my mouth on which one, but it would be rechargeable and coupled with a good backpack solar cell.

carnal

Newly Enlightened

The writers and producers need to turn "their light bulbs" on, and make just ONE LITTLE THING believable. The show is worse than LOST IN SPACE, except better looking girls. My daughter likes it (only a couple of hours of tv a week allowed), and I see parts of it. It is one absolutely unbelievable, retarded thing after annother!

Oh, and my light would be a Thor. When it goes dead, why heck, we could just "fire up" one of those turbine engines laying around to recharge. I'm surprised Jack hasn't at least got the APU running yet. He knows SO MUCH about EVERYTHING. <grin> He could focus ALL the landing lights (still unbroken of course) in the sky to signal other aircraft.

Hoya

Newly Enlightened

Hmmm...I would opt for one Inova 24/7 + SF U2.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

just replace the bulb in a thor with a single white LED driven at 5ma. That should last a looooong time.

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened

In a long-term survival situation (greater than 48 hours duration). The 5-LED emergency cranklight is the flashlight of choice. About the size of a pack of cigs., no bulbs to burn out, no batteries to replace and it will recharge your Nokia cell phone and/or provide 4.2v to other devices.

Dave

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What lite would you pik if you were on \"Lost\"?

a KL1/Aleph1x123/AlephTrimTailcap/McE2S60ohm
a lot of 123s
Thor
mini 100w methanol fuel cell

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

neg

cool4light

Newly Enlightened

tough decision. inova 24/7, arc aa. Or if it could be taken through airport security a 2d or 4d mag with an everled. Then for signaling at night a surefire M6 for when a plane flies by or a ship goes by. those are my choices from the lights i currently own.
ideally i could take one of those lights that you shake for a few seconds to provide power for a few minutes, oh yea its an led light and its waterproof. (saw one of those at the strictly sail boat show) but by then i was broke so i could not afford it.

see what happens when you force a flashaholic to "choose" amongst lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif its not pretty.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would HAVE TO BE one of those combo solar/crank light/radio/power generator things. I don't care how good the runtime on a light is or how many batteries you think you'll have, eventually they will run out. That french lady has been on the island for 16 years already. No amount of batteries would last that long. Of course the NiCads in these things would probably not last that long either, but they'll last longer than a X5 on two CR123's or a Infinity on AA's.

BTW I don't think a 6D would be that good against the guy with all the knives. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And once you're asleep, it would be so easy for someone to take it from you.

Anyone know if an EverLED would be good to use in one of these crank lights? Would the varying ?volatge/current? generated by the crank be bad for the EverLED?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would take my Pal light with a rechargeable 9v battery
and a solar charger. It has the always on mode also a stobe mode, and many different brightness levels.