EverLED and Brightstar

Doink

Newly Enlightened
Greetings folks. I have a Brightstar Responder 2AA and I am interested in getting an EverLED for it. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows if they are compatible. The stock bulb is the XPR2AA, 2.4v, .435 A. I see that the EverLED can replace a lot of KPR bulbs, but I don't see my particular bulb on the list.
Just wondering if anyone knows. Thank you!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
All PR based bulbs are the same dimensions basewise and can fit the same way. The difference is mostly in the filaments and inert gases. As far as I know everleds can be used in 1-6 cell flashlights taking ANY pr based bulbs.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem would be if the polarity is reversed, and there are Everleds out there that can fix that. .

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Everled in a 2AA light and it works great. The only problem you may have is with the beam pattern. The 2AA Responder has a fixed focus. If you get the new Lambertian Everled you may wind up with a severe donut hole in the center of the hotspot, since the Everled may not match the pre-focused point of the light. I've found this to be the case with some of my light. On the other hand, it may work out well.

Using the older style side emitter Everled should alleviate the problem, but you could well wind up with a diffuse central spot filled with artifacts, and a dim spill. I've also found this to be the case with some of my lights.

If at all possible you should try before you buy.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have a 2AA Garrity light that ONLY responds favorably to a side emitter EverLED. I tried my new Lambertian in that light and had a big hole. I have NEVER found any incand bulb that made that light usefull.

The Lambertian works smootchy in a M*g!!!