Xmas Light - opinions?

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,
for xmas i usually get a fair bit of cash, about $100-$150, and i was wondering what to spend it on. i was thinking this:

Aleph 1x123 Body HAIII Nat - $22 from The Shoppe
Aleph Trim Tailcap HAIII Nat w/2-Stage Switch (22 ohm) - $45 from The Shoppe
KL1 - Latest Version - $56 from Meridian Tactical
Total: $123 (w0rd - same as the type of battery!)

i do not endorse these companies and am not in any way advertising them - i merely felt these were good places to get these parts.

whaddaya think?

any other ideas as to what to get? i want something LED that runs on 1x123. i know i could get a Quantum-III but i really would like something with a KL1 or similar to the KL1

neg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound good. Be aware that the 4th-generation KL1 is a hardcore throw light with virtually no sidespill, but it does paint a very bright, white square-ish spot on whatever you point it at.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
kl1t-turbohead-2.jpg

Great little light at ~15ft or outdoors. I suddely got bitten by the one-cell bug as well, now I want as much power as I can get from a 1-cell platform.

*sick thoughts about a TW4 follow*... I shouldn't, but.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
perfect! my KL1 microblaster (hey, this will probably be my brightest yet!) for throw and my Lambda Illuminator for spill!

neg

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn why dont any of my parents encourage my flashaholicism? You are very lucky Neg... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember a long time ago, I went off to a school camp carrying this $2 Eveready thin-as-a-drink-can aluminium light with PR bulb that my folks got me. I can still buy the light for $2 nowadays at the local hardware store. Red plastic head, white painted body, made in China, takes two C cells. The reflectors don't even look like they fit properly. Today I just sent them off with their E2e Winelight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

We were standing on a balcony, overlooking a field, and I was wondering why everybody else's light out-threw and out-shone mine. It's been many, many years.. what would I give to be standing back there at that balcony holding a Mag85 with a Digital Ultra on my belt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Realistically, that was so many years ago the most powerful light we would have had back then was the Surefire 6P, P60, and $10 EACH lithium 123s. But it would have been worth it for the shock-n-awe power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags_suk, they dont encourage me - my uncle's idea of a christmas present is a wad of cash. usually a pile of fresh crisp $5 notes to the value of 2-300 dollars australian. anyway don is helping me out here and i have ordered the light and im going to pay on Boxing Day. so, im happy!

neg