• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SF based LuxV mod SOLD!

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, it's almost time to get my family a few gifts for the holidays. Problem is, I need a little boost to get them what they want... (when did a darn gameboy become so darn expensive?!?)
I have to sell a few of my favorite lights in order to keep these guys happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

TurboL5.JPG

(Sorry the picture doesn't look like much; I just plain suck at taking pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

This is my personal light that I barely used at all since I got it; a SF L5 turbo (kt-1 ha kit) running a turbo module with a x4t luxV underdriven by a BB667 so it stays cool and you get more than 500 hours out of the led. It runs great on a Pila 168A (that's right, the fat 1800mah ones; the L5 body was modified to fit) as well as regular CR123s and comes with a SW02 clickie and a sf lanyard. This light throws like crazy considering its size...

5WBeam.JPG

Some time ago, this was my image of the dream light. It just looks so cool to me, like a mini photon king or the photon-kid...
There are a few spots in the HA but they are next to threads of the head and are almost impossible to see when the light is assembled.
This thing cost me quite a few months of work to get together. I'll let you have it for $325 shipped including an almost brand new pila 168A.

Shipping is in the conus. Paypal only please. As usual, if you find something wrong with what you get, you can send it back for a full refund.
Please pm me for pp addy, questions, pictures request, death threats, marriage proposals...

Thanks for looking here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SF based LuxV mod

Wow... That's the coolest mod I've seen in a while, with an X-bin to boot!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rookie

Enlightened

Nevertheless, this is a great set up....

Kiu

Enlightened

The combination look very nice & sweet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

How did you manage the heatsinking of the module? And can the module be taken out and replaced with a SF LA?
bernhard

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike, the overall output looks about the same but it throws a lot better.

Bernhard, the heat goes into the module and onto the turbohead pedestral. I used artic silver 5 on the lip for better transfer there. Anyway, the led is underdriven and I'm pretty confident of the heat relief is working; I measured the led warming up and it's nowhere remotely close to my other led lights (think L4)... The kt-1 is one big chunk of al.
Oh and yeah, you can still use N1s or N2s in this light, just don't use the pila for that.

edit: bump with price drop.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unless you have one of these gameboys little kids are crazy about, I don't think so.
Sorry.
Urg! I just feel like that guy in the movie trying to get one of these turboman action figurine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you want a gameboy advance, a gameboy SP, or a nintendo DS? if you want any accssories as partial trades from the 1st two maybe we could work things out. PM coming.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Betcha he wants the DS - and as much as I like the light... the only way he's getting anything out of me is by prying it from my cold, dead fingers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont even have a ds yet, but if i did i dont think i could let it go, even for a surefire, but I would be willing to put up my gba and its 9 games (ran off to count) and all the accsessories /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif games and flashlights aint cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, if he needs $335 US... it's gotta be the DS - the GBA SP's like less than $100 US now. Unless he needs three of them...

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, i was thinking he might have wanted a decked out gba, with games and all, but it looks like hes looking for the ds.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep that'd be the one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
Urgh! That'll teach me to make a bet with my little sister... about cartoons.
K anyway, bump with price drop^.