Nokia phone flashlight

Radagast

Enlightened
I just got a Nokia 3200 mobile phone and was surprised to find an led flashlight as a feature. It's very dim but could get you around in the dark or find a keyhole. I'm rather impressed.

I got it sight unseen when my other phone broke. It also has an FM radio. I usually just use the phone and alarm clock and don't go for bells and whistles but these are two features I think I'll actually have uses for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or...are these features old hat and I've been under a rock? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a handy feature to have, I have to go out and look
at one in action, does it have a built in camera

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i'm using a nokia 5140. its the model up from the 3200. has LED light, camera, video cam with audio, radio, compass, etc~~ my phone is part of my EDC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
i love nokia phones cause they have, IMO, the best menu system.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am afraid that the 5140 is not available in the US (according to the Nokia web site) It is so frustrating to have such an expensive, poor coverage, incompatible networks cell phone system like we have in the US. - And - yes, I like the Nokias for the same reasons mentioned.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HarryN said:
I am afraid that the 5140 is not available in the US (according to the Nokia web site) It is so frustrating to have such an expensive, poor coverage, incompatible networks cell phone system like we have in the US. - And - yes, I like the Nokias for the same reasons mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHhh.... you are right. the nokia 5140 is not available anywhere other then Asia and Europe. i got mine from Ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif . the phone was already unlocked when i purchased it so i'm able to use it with any company, anywhere as long as they use a SIM card /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Radagast

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:
That is a handy feature to have, I have to go out and look
at one in action, does it have a built in camera

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has a camera. Not video. I wish it had a USB connection. I'm afraid how much it will cost to email pictures to myself, especially when the quality of the photos is not the greatest.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Cripes, when I read the title of the post I thought somebody had developed a flashlight that used Nokia phone batteries... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well, why not? The unenlightened masses think we're crazy to buy flashlights that use CR123 batteries with a retail price of $6-8. They might consider purchasing a powerful Luxeon light that used a Li-ion power source and a charging unit they already own (i.e. the Nokia battery and the phone)...

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Current phone is a Sonyericsson V800, it has the strangest array of LEDs ive ever seen next to the camera. It's pretty useless as a flash, but quite useable as an emergency flashlight.

More pics here

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Hmmmmm.........Luxeon Star lights with rechargeable flat Li Ion phone batteries...... very interesting indeed. All kinds of potential. Maybe someone will just add a Lux Star to their current cell phone. Modders !! Get to work !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Jumi

Enlightened
I have Nokias cheapest model, 3100. It also has one led flaslight. From outside it looks like it is one 3mm white led but when I opened the phone I discovered that it is smd and about 5mm*3mm. The light is white but not very bright.

I bought it and opened it 10 months ago and don't remember could the led be changed to lux-emitter.