Nuwai QIII disapointment

dirobesh

Enlightened
The Nuwai QIII that my girlfriend ordered me for christmas turned up today. I tried it out and was very dissapointed. The light is very green and is markedly dimmer - I would guess at LEAST %50, even with a brand new battery in it - than my XO1.

Tried it against my T3 and nearly cried....

Was REALLY looking forward to this one but I guess the Luxeon Lottery once again dropped its pants and sh*t all over me..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it sounds like you played the lottery and got hit with a bad-binned Lux. My personal Q-III's horribly bright and kinda blue when compared to a WO, so I suspect I got a SYA-binned Lux.

My suggestion for fixing it? Send it to Milkyspit and get it refitted with a new LED and circuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See the "My Pimped Out Nuwai Quantum-III thread for how you can fix your little issue.

Krit

Enlightened
My two QIII are win lottory with SY0L but I replace with TX0J. It is very bright with the stock circiut.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Haesslich, thanks for the link - I think I'll probably follow this up after I "officially" receive my light at Christmas.

Correction to first post: Should have read XO - not XO1.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My disappointment was with the BS advertising on the package.

75 lumens, 100,000 hours usage, 3 watt LED, flawless white beam, precision machined. None of this is quite true.

It's a nice light but barely out throws my Arc LSL. Did I also receive a sub par QIII? I'm guessing mine is normal and only the package hype is out of whack.

absoLite

Newly Enlightened
jayflash,
so is mine. It is whiter, but has just a little more throw than my LSL. The sidespill is considerably better, so I'm satisfied with it after all, especially for that price.
It will get some treatment, though, after I "receive" it at X-mas.

flashking

Newly Enlightened
If you have a quality Luxeon in it, and you use Rechargeable cells you will get a wonderful amount of light out of this

gorlank

Enlightened
The Luxeon Lottery apparently strikes even high end lights from Surefire so it's a lot less painful on a $40.00 QIII.
I've been very happy with the two that I have, all things considered.

flashking

Newly Enlightened
Could you post beamshots of your Q-III? It seems like this post is just an Ad for Inova...everyone else but you is happy with their Q-III

javafool

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashking said:
Could you post beamshots of your Q-III? It seems like this post is just an Ad for Inova...everyone else but you is happy with their Q-III

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sharp tongue for someone that has only been in the group for a week me thinks.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Come Christmas morning I'll post some pictures comparing it to my Inova XO and T3 - can't before then I'm afraid.

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
javafool said:
[ QUOTE ]
flashking said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sharp tongue for someone that has only been in the group for a week me thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, I have a mental picture of the poster in my mind "saying" what he/she has posted. . . alas, many times, I'm probably wrong in how I "hear" it. But in this case, I guess I "heard" it differently from javafool. Didn't sound particularly sharp tongued to me, regardless of flashking's "seniority".

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
My disappointment was with the BS advertising on the package.

75 lumens, 100,000 hours usage, 3 watt LED, flawless white beam, precision machined. None of this is quite true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine defintely doesn't produce 75 lumens and I'm sure the LED won't last 100,000 hours. But it does have a flawless white beam, a 3 watt LED (Lux III) and it does appear to be precision machined.

So it's not all BS.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashking

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
javafool said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I've been a member here for over 2 years. I lost the password to my old account and the password retrevel system does not seem to work, hence the new name.

javafool

Enlightened
Sorry flashking, I sometimes type before I think. I am happy with my Q-III but I have read a few posts from people that saw a green tint in theirs. Mine is slightly violet but nice, especially for the price. I bought when they were $58 so there are real bargins.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lux lottery is what it is . My QIII is super but I got a StreamLight TL3-LED with a Icky green weak LED. It just varies from here to there.. Dang my QIII is blue-white awsome for a small critter....

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good evening, WallaceD. Re. the 3 watt rating, I'm no LED expert and am just along for the ride but I thought I read where the Lux3 was an improvement over its predecessor...but not a 3 watt rating. My Nuwai consumes about 2.4 watts, total, so that let's about 1.4 - 1.9 watts for the QIII LED.

None the less, I'm glad I'll be "getting" the light on Christmas, it's a nice light and might become a work EDC for me...we'll see.