Surefire spare parts

BBL

Enlightened
I recently read about Inovas sparepart-policy - they dont sell any parts at all. Now I would like to know how surefire handles this. Does anyone know more?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Which SureFire parts do you need?
SureFire does offer many items as accessories. However, they don't sell bodies by themselves.

Al

BBL

Enlightened
currently I dont need any parts - The inova thread just got me thinking.

sufires cost significantly more than other flashlights. For that i would expect a high level of customer service, which includes the option to order spare parts.

this is a bit a question of philosophy.

Flashdark

Enlightened
BBL,

Surefire is great when it comes to replacing a defective or broken part. However, some parts are just not avaiable from them as "spare parts". Over the last year or so, I have managed to scrounge almost everything that I needed but I had to work at it. I also had to buy additional flashlights just for parts. Some of the distributors like Dan @ "Tacticalwarehouse.com" or Wayne @ "Lagger-pro.com" are a great help and source.

Hope this helps.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their customer service has taken care of me even when it should not be their problem (ie. technically it's not covered, but they offered to help me fix it anyway).

For everything else, the bits n pieces, Surefireparts manages to help me find even the most exotic things I need.

XtremePyro

Newly Enlightened
I emailed them recently about the rubber switch cap boots,
and they said they were not for sale.
They also are supposedly mailing me a new P61,the old one blew after only 1 set of batteries. But its been 3 weeks now since they confirmed that they shipped it. I love surefire lights but Im beggining to wonder about that "world class customer service" they talk about.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Which TailCap did you want a replacement rubber switch cap boot for?
Models except the G2 require the whole TailCap to be replaced since they are sealed.

Al

XtremePyro

Newly Enlightened
Al,
I actually wanted some spare rubber switch boots to use in some lights of my own design. So far Ive bought 2 or 3 tailcaps just to get the rubber boot, which even if the tailcap is "sealed" only takes a couple minutes to take apart. And I dont see why a whole tailcap would have to be replaced, I dont see anything in them that wouldnt be easilly replaced and put back togeather.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Which model are you referring to?
SureFire does offer a Z33 Lanyard Kit with a replacement rubber switch - for the "Classic" non-LockOut TailCap.

XtremePyro

Newly Enlightened
Yep I picked up one of those a few weeks ago, but its too big.
most of what I do is based on the 6P tailcap or the E series tailcap.