Luxeon Carabiner Clip Light

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this in a local store:

clip1.jpg

While clip flashlights like these are plentiful, this one caught my eye because it uses an AAA battery instead of button cells. Stock the incandescent bulb is joke, barely enough light to walk with in total darkness.

A little modding and that was taken care of nicely:

clip2.jpg

Now it's a Luxeon flashlight powered with an ArcMania Micro Pill like used in the Micro-Illuminator and Nano-Mate:

clip3.jpg

The stock reflector is too deep to be used, but with a drilled out Mag Solitare reflector the Micro pill fits like a glove.

A great easy little mod that adds another flashlight to the list of possibilities with the Micro Pill.

knifebright

Enlightened
Re: Luxeon Clip Light

nice job. I love my lambda creations. Hey are the micro pills available by themselves or is the mj's micro driver from the shoppe about the same size?/
jimmy

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now, that is really slick!

Those Carabiner Lights were a major disappointment to me. Your mod makes them even better than the what I originally hoped for.

Britt

AW

Newly Enlightened

Where can I buy the Micro pill? How much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see that light every time i go to menards, and been planning to get one eventually to do the same thing. Especially considering the driver i developed to put 1.5W into a lux from LiON. What kind of powr level are you running the pill, and like the others asked.. pre-fab, you built? how much?

-awr

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good news!

You've asked, and YES is the answer! Complete micro-pills will be available soon at a special low price along with Carabiner Clip and Micro-Illuminator kits, but hey wait, I'm revealing way too much. These and other fun new stuff will be available after the 1st of the new year. So hang on, we're talking less than three weeks here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But first, it's time to kick back and enjoy the Holidays and finish the instructions and kits for the MiniPro, program the new web pages, etc. I expect the redesigned web site with new goodies to get operational about 2 Jan. Good things come to those that wait...

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Kevin,
These are neat. Will they be available without the pill and with the reflector?

Empyfree

Enlightened
Sorry to ressurect a long lost thread...

I recieved a stock Carabiner light from my well meaning Dad as part of my christmas present, he'd paid £1 (about $2) at a local shop for it.

I searched the forum to see if anybody else had ever seen one, and found this thread.

Did anything ever come of the Kits you guys mentioned above? I'd be interested in a quick mod for this light, as I can see it being quite usefull at summer camps, at my camp it's a sackable offence not to have your water bottle with you, I like the idea of EDCing an extra flashlight as well as my bottle.

I've toyed with the idea of retrofitting an old ARC AAAP head as the diameter is very similar, however retaining the original body would be nicer.

Cheers in anticipation!