What do u think of these EDC?

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to get a gift (an EDC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) for my non-flasholic good buddy for this christmas, so I am thinking of :
(1) UK2AAA
(2) InovaX1
but I'm not getting both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
UK2AA. inova X1 is a pretty worthless edc for genreal use being that it has no literally side spill. You might also consider the Gerber infinity ulrta G ita about 18 dollars and runs off 1AA for about 20 hours.

X33

Enlightened
Used to have a X1 as EDC for ages. Its not that bright (by CPF standards) and has this really tight beam. Maybe a X5 is better. More flood and also brighter. Runs for a long time as well.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is not too much, your buddy could get a much better light with the Nuwai QIII! See a review here: QIII /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
Ohh forgot to mention : UKE2AAA = the eLED model
Not sure about others' experience with non-flasholics, somehow a size "slightly bigger" will give them an excuse "ohh I forgot to carry it along today" (which this gift supposed to be an "EDC")...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The form factor of the UK2AAA LED is kinda neat, but it's beam is similar to the Inova X1... Not bad, but unique.

I personally think for most general users, the CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultra has a much, much more useful beam. Plus, it's a tad smaller overall I think and should be a little cheaper to feed.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey X33, I think I remember reading a post by you saying that your avatar is a pic of an X1 over a bonfire or something, or am I going crazy?

cdf

Enlightened
I,d go X1 , its a neat piece of engeneering , and may get him hooked . I'ts pretty elegant !