LED-Lenser Turbo V2 16 Chip Extreme Beam

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This is a 16 x 5mm LED light, unregulated, running on 3 x C-Cells. It is a sturdy stainless steel construction with some nice engineering aspects , but it sucks at waterproofness (non-existent) and regulation (what's that?).
It is rather heavy (obviously) and produces a nice and even flood beam that is relatively powerful for a 5mm light, but completely destroyed by a TriStar, utterly stomped, floored and kicked in the butt, if you know what I mean. Runtime should be decent though.

Some pics:

ll_v2_series.jpg

ll_v2_series_bezels.jpg

ll_v2-16_disassambled.jpg

bernhard

EDIT: the real name of this German engineering marvel is "LedLenser V2-16Chips", that is why the pics are named as such.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I doubt that 5mm LEDs will put out much more than 2-3 lumens each, so you might be looking at ~32-48lm from that light - 64lm if the LEDs are really overdriven.

For $90 you can do better on output and electronics, although stainless steel housings seem to be unique to Coast/LED-Lenser...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Btw ...
welcome.gif
to CPF and stay a while.

The essence of my post was ... don't buy it, there's much better available! Just look around or name your requirements and the very helpful membership of this site will chime in and offer their advice on where you should spend your hard-earned money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

bernhard

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a V2-Dual Color unit on order. I needed unit for all these AAA bateries I've got piled up.

chiphead (Anything with a chip in it!)

LED_Phenatic

Newly Enlightened
Wow, so the Tristar phaser would stomp it. My next question would then be ... what flash light could compete with the phaser? Are there any 4D or 6D cell batteries that can beat it?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Not much.

Barbolight has a 3x LuxIII light out, the U-09. This is a true diving light, so it might be a bit too stiff for the casual user.

<ul type="square">
InReTech makes several flashlight adaptors that fit the bill:
[*]TriLight-III 3x Lux III with Fraen tri-optic
[*]Helios 3x Lux V with Fran tri-optic
[*]Super6-III 6x Lux III, no optics/reflectors
[*]Mega6 6x Lux V, no optics/reflectors
[/list]
Be prepared to pay top dollar for InReTech products.

LED_Phenatic

Newly Enlightened
How long does the Mega6, Super6, or Helios run in a 6D Maglight? Im looking for 4 hours or so of really good light. Possible on Alkalines too?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for the Trilight3 4D cell, I have enjoyed mine and put a huge amount of mileage on it at work with rechargeable batteries.
The customer service has mostly been excellent too.
It's about 160 dollars for a completed 4D Trilight3 shipped.

You could also just build, or have someone build you a maggmod like the one in my Dec. 2004 signature link below.
For about 70-80 bucks it will blow away that 16 "chip" ledlenser light with good runtime still.
There are several cpf members here that could do that for you.