How many forum members does it take ?

snuffy

Enlightened
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

It's someone else's turn to post this next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
JSB
Yes we did just go through this about 6 months ago JUST LIKE the post said in the last line.
The search thingy is next to useless so I didn't find the thread.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found it here UncleFester /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks snuffy for sharing the joke with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Note too that the first reply in the one referenced by Eebowler, references two more. That makes four of them in the last year.

The question is "how many forum members does it take to post a joke about how many forum members it takes to change a light?"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
I just rechecked my Secret CPF Posting Guide book:D:D. No worry
I had thought I was supposed to post this next week but I goofed up the dates I wont repost this until 2007 not sure
Who's turn is next. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zackerty

Enlightened
Just one bulb, if it shatters as you plug it into the socket, and electrocutes you, changing you into a pile of ash....of course the blame will fall on the 400 Volt /600 Watt Led Titanium Flashlight Mod. you had just completed as a Christmas present to yourself... And your wife will say at your funeral, that at least you died doing what you enjoyed...