Target drops Mag prices!

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Dunno if y'all have noticed, but when I dropped inta Target tonite after The Incredibles (woohoo, fun!) here in NY, the Minimags have been dropped from $8.84 to $7.69, the 2Ds are now $12.39 and the 4Ds down to $16.99.

Ain't bought a stock mag in ten years, but that's pretty cheap!

daloosh

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
They dropped their price because walmart dropped their prices awhile back on all mags. I think the minimags there are 7.83 and the 2D mags are around $13. I hope they get off their high horse and make some LED mags. I like the quality of mags in some ways but I prefer LEDs for most uses. I dislike it when incans suddenly go yellow then red and you are in the dark quickly with only a few minutes warning.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
It's fun to drop a sandwich into a Mag and see what it can do, but it still irks me to put a $50 led sammie into a lite that costs $7.69. Except for stealth purposes, it just seems silly. Well, still fun, tho.

daloosh

lightemup

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif Stealth mode is pretty fun, my pocketmate (as made by our very own hotbeam) goes great in those stakes! I start it on dim, they are wowed by the whiteness etc, i turn it off, crank up the dial, turn it on again and then I get a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also feel pretty stealthy with my led drop in from led replacement in my 2aa mag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif oh so white and batteries seem to last forever!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the sweetest thing about variable power lights. (PMW, U2, Lionheart)

Start small, make them wonder. Then just dial it up and watch the jaws hit the floor! Max power is a TREAT especially on a 5W LED!!

Actually....the PMW looks very interesting now that I've secured a proper lithium ion charging setup. The Mag is a very flexible platform and that's where its value exists.

gorlank

Enlightened
Lemme do some price bashing cuz I was in Kmart in Astor Place in NYC yesterday. I spotted the much hyped Dorcy AAA, only problem they wanted 9 bucks for them!! Sheesh, solitaires were 9 bucks too. They opened a big new Home Depot on 23rd St. that carries Solitaires for $5.00.
Thumbs down to the big K. Maybe they're trying to spring Martha and need the cash.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Costco is selling a 4D Mag and a MiniMag combo for $19.50.

I found myself stopping and looking to see all the possible colors before I realized I hate big lights and didn't need one after all.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a feeling if you watch around there could possibly be more maglite sales this year due to pre/post christmas loss leaders sales.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Re: Target drops Mag prices! (2AA @ 6.89)

i should get some more of those i make surefires out of them with 2 3v AA batteries and a p60 bulb taken out of the reflector and base fits right in the mag reflector when its bored out to the size of the bulb its self and its the ultimate sleeper!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, I got an $6.89 Target sale flyer it today's paper. I might have to get of them AA lights so I can chop more of them in half.

Can't you tell I just love Maglites?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would say we should conduct a program where one of us stands in front of the Maglite section, and when a person tries to walk through that aisle, we stop em, introduce them to SureFires, and send em off to start a life of flashaholicism. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
I would say we should conduct a program where one of us stands in front of the Maglite section, and when a person tries to walk through that aisle, we stop em, introduce them to SureFires, and send em off to start a life of flashaholicism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Financially speaking, that's about the most sadistic thing you can do to someone right before Christmas!

"Mags are over hyped. Too big and not bright enough. Here... check this baby out. Pretty small... 6 levels of output to choose from... Finish will last forever... You never need to buy another replacement bulb... It's a no-brainer!"

"Cool... How much do they cost?"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have a good point there.....

RayO

Newly Enlightened

Within the past year, I've spent a small fortune on flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif. For a measely $7, I can purchase an incredibly tough host for one of my many sandwiches. I can kick it ,drop it, even bounch it off a wall. When I'm no longer happy with it's looks, I'll buy another. My M@g 2AA NG 750 with Fraen is my EDC. People are always amazed at the amount of light it's able to produce.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

Just spotted a sale on solitaires at target for 3.99 and minimags also on sale for cheaper but I don't recall the price the sale is one week starting today.

CQB

Enlightened

Note to self: checkout Costco & Target. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I only wanted to put my 2-cents in re: maglites...

Just from my sig alone we can see I luv SF's and other higher end FLs. And for most applications i happily use any of my SF's, SL's, Inovas, etc.

But then again, there are times when one might want to have more... presence. And I dont just mean having a brighter flashlight (cuz we all know more output / throw definitely gives the user more "presence"). I am referring to the FL's SIZE... and how the Bad Guy (BG) can quickly put 2 & 2 together to see you can give him a world of hurt with your larger maglite.

I keep a 3D maglite in the sleeve of my driver's side door in my Jeep Liberty. Sometimes, in certain situations, it pays to be seen holding a larger flashlight vs a smaller albeit brighter one. BGs (bad guys) are a funny sort. They are always judging potential victims. Do i pick on the guy holding the large "skull-crusher" maglite, or do i pick on the guy who looks like he is holding the power of the sun in the palm of his hand? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I am on the go, I EDC a couple of the smaller, brighter, better (tm) flashlights from my collection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But when I am at home, or when i feel i might be confronted while in my vehicle, etc... (each situation has to be assessed individually of course) I just feel it "sometimes" pays to hold a bigger stick than the BG. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cops and the like are at an advantage since they are authorized to carry all the other toys out there like OC spray, baton, sidearm, etc. But normal citizens like me (and I live in Canada, so a sidearm for personal protection is a no-no) have to resort to thinking of other alternative measures... like a large but not too bright maglite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

ps. i'm waiting on a couple of Diamond LuxIII bulb replacement modules. I'm gonna use my 3D & 3C mags for the hosts. That way, if i do bonk a BG over the noggin, i dont have to worry about blowing the friggin bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Besides, as another person already mentioned, I'd rather wreck my cheapo maglite during a fight, instead of any of my more expensive FLs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif