Who else likes the (old)round Surefires?

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Hello /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I recently bought a Surefire 9PT (beautiful light btw) and I REALLY like the feel of the round body.
I also have a C3 which is fairly uncomfortable in my hands, damn combatring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Too bad the round (100% round) Surefires are not being made anymore.
A real cool Surefire would be a perfect round body like the older 6P and 9P but with HA3.

So, anybody agree? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this is a personal preference, sorta like chocolate or vanilla ice cream?

Me? I prefer the newer styles and strongly prefer HAIII or the Black anodizing.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Personally I like the older style round SF's. They tend to look beat up, after awhile, but keep on ticking. I run my 6P with the 6R conversion, and sometimes use the shock issolating bezel, still round.

Bill

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I have a 9P that remains one of my favorite lights. The round bezel can't be beat in terms of sheer beauty.

I have an M2 black bezel on in now because it bounces around in my Explorer but I light the older bezels best.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both a 6R (turned into a 9P with spacer) and a 6P of similar '80s vintage. I like them better than the new ones, and wish SF would still make them since they'd be dirt cheap (less machining in an old 6P than a Mag-Lite).

The newer simple models are OK with me, but I think a lot of the higher-end models were designed by a bunch of bored CNC programmers. Too goofy.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never seen a surefire that I didn't like. I have had all of the old round Surefires. Unfortunately of the old rounds I only have first Surefire and old 6Z and a 12zm

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
ABTOMAT said:
I have both a 6R (turned into a 9P with spacer) and a 6P of similar '80s vintage. I like them better than the new ones, and wish SF would still make them since they'd be dirt cheap (less machining in an old 6P than a Mag-Lite).

The newer simple models are OK with me, but I think a lot of the higher-end models were designed by a bunch of bored CNC programmers. Too goofy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I too have a 6R I bought in the '80s, now converted to 9P. (Too bad SF didn't serial# them then.) I prefer the newer stuff, especially with LOTC capability. If it wasn't for the hex on the bezel,I think the flat-side E2e is the most aesthetically pleasing light SF has ever made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Larry

joshwang

Newly Enlightened
I think i prefer the new ones, cuz they don't roll around, however, i do know a few that prefer the old kind, just a matter of choice, i think.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Dynacolt

Enlightened
Bullzeyebill said [ QUOTE ]
Personally I like the older style round SF's. They tend to look beat up, after awhile, but keep on ticking.

[/ QUOTE ]
And no sharp edges, beautiful to look at, simple and unassuming (HAIII would be nice though)

Bravado

Newly Enlightened
I like the newer style bodies having much better ergonomics in my opinion especially while executing the Rogers method of shooting.