"what's so special about this?"

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
\"what\'s so special about this?\"

The exact words I heard before my friend turned on my Elektrolumens XM3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Unfortunately, it was pointed as his eyes

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Re: \"what\'s so special about this?\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

betcha his next sentence was "dude! these spots are going away, right? Please tell me they'll go away!"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a friend do that with my TnC Key-Lux AA today at work. he was complaining for over an hour about the spots.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Poor man Poor man..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif I cant imagine that.
CPF RULE # 365- NEVER let a non-flashaholic lay hands on a light without flashaholic supervision!!

Robban

Enlightened

I do that to myself all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I handed my LionHeart to a workmate, and he pressed the button, so it came on low (I use UI 1). He turned it off again, but then clicked the button while looking into it (it wasn't that bright last time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). He came to me blinking and said: "does this thing have a mind of it's own?" Hahaha. And he even did the right thing by turning it on without looking in it the first time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the p-61 compareable to that? I want a beam that is that bright. What light could I get?

-tom

greenLED

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Dalmatians ruuuuuuuule!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

A little while back unnerve made this small super bright led light that competes with a SF M6 for output. Well at a bay area get together he brings out his new light to show off. Everyone is genuinely impressed. Well, what's the first thing any self respecting flasholic does when they get their hands on a super bright light - first you shine it at the wall, and maybe the ceiling, then you turn it off and look into the lens to see what is making it so bright.

Only problem, unnerve forgot to tell us it had a faulty switch, which had a tendency to turn itself on at random times without even touching it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif. There were more than a few of us seeing spots for the rest of the night.

Fortunately the rest were spared once the word got around about the idiocyncracies of this little beauty.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even the lowly G2 with P60 does the same thing?
My friend goes, I need a Mag to look cool since I'm a volunteer police corps member. I hand him my SF. He's like this little thing? ::presses tail cap:: CRAP!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Luminosus said:
An LED that competes with the M6 in output? Are you sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

In another thread

[ QUOTE ]
unnerv said:
I tried to create a led light that would compete with the M6 by using three 5W W bin luxeons overdriven to 1000ma. While my light is very bright, the M6 that someone brought to a get together was definately brighter when we compared. I can still kill a M3T no problem. I haven't tried against a M4. If you are interested in seeing some beam shots of my light against a M3T and a UFOKillers MiniHID take a look at this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

In a few more years to come(brighter LEDs), you will burn your retina so better quit it before that habit bites you back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay maybe not so intense.. but bright!