Anyone ever try SureFire E2D bezel on E1E?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
This crazy thought just jumped on me out of nowhere. I thought, since the E series heads are all the same, why not fit the SureFire E2D bezel on the E1E? I dont have either, but I think that it is possible. Perhaps that can be a good EDC if you dont mind black against HA natural. Has anyone tried this before?

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would it be any better of an EDC? I personally hate the 'crenellations' in the bezels. On my KL1 and E2E head, the only chips are at those jagged edges. Give me back the smooth bezels.

Mark

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be funny to see a small cute light like the E1E have a crenellated bezel. Dont you think so? Just for the laugh. If anyone could try it and post a pic, that would be appreciated.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you could just switch the bulb assemblies. Basically, the bezel would be the only different thing. Can anyone try this? Perhaps Al if he is bored? In fact, he probably has a black adonized E1E. I wish I were Al... or at least had a few of his SureFires....

Luminosus

Newly Enlightened
Cornkid, you would just use the top of the bezel, not the whole thing. Or you could use the whole bezel and just put the E1E lamp assembly ( sorry, forgot the name) in it.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have switched around bezel's/lamps's on my E2d and E1e.
I was wondering if the nice narrower throw i have in the E1e which I like, would have even more throw on a 2x123 light. It didn't change, I imagine it's in the lamp, or extra power.
No real noticable difference in performance. VDG

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_suk said:
I wish I were Al...

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be hard for you to fill his shoes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_suk said:
I wish I were Al...

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be hard for you to fill his shoes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Good one!!

JOshooter

Enlightened
It should work, they are the same series after all, the E1e is a 1 cell version of the E2e. There shouldn't be any problems with it form my perspective, I've been thinking about an E2d bezel on an E2e for a while...but then the color difference would be wierd...

stockae92

Enlightened
i think it should look super cool

E2D bezel and tail switch on a black HA E1E /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TonyBPD

Enlightened
A bit off topic but E2D related. I have a Laser Devices OP-1 Operative and the beam is horrible. They claim 90 lumens. Not even close. I have since converted the bezel and lamp over to the E2D with MN03. Works really nice and fits perfectly.

The only other thing I had to do was turn the batteries around as LD was backwards.

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened
Here we go. I hope the pics work. my homepage is down so need webspace hehe...
P0023030_0000003.jpg

P0023030_0000004.jpg

P0023030_0000005.jpg

Flatscan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
stockae92 said:
i think it should look super cool

E2D bezel and tail switch on a black HA E1E /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The elusive E1D. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The E2D for $90, the black E1E body for $100+. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I'm hoping that balrog still has a few black 1x123 bodies left.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten a number of E2D bezels in for modding to be made Aleph LE compatible. I've found that I don't like them much. The E1e is so small that I don't use the pocket clip. I just drop the whole light into my pocket. If you do this with an E2D bezel, you'd better watch it when you sit down. If that bezel is pointed in the wrong direction while in your pocket, you'll get an "OUCH!!" That sucker smarts.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I've got two black Aelph 1x123 bodies, with HA III black E1E-HA smooth bezels, and E2D guarded tail caps. They are sweet little gems. Very stable, when stood on the tail cap.

Put HA III black E1E-HA smooth bezels, and Z61 tail caps, on the E2D bodies. May switch both, to the MN02 lamp assembly, in the near future. Don't need the 60 lumens, of the MN03, most of the time.

Don't know what to do with the E2D bezels yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

oldgrandpajack

udaman

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
I've gotten a number of E2D bezels in for modding to be made Aleph LE compatible. I've found that I don't like them much. The E1e is so small that I don't use the pocket clip. I just drop the whole light into my pocket. If you do this with an E2D bezel, you'd better watch it when you sit down. If that bezel is pointed in the wrong direction while in your pocket, you'll get an "OUCH!!" That sucker smarts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uggh, my eyes are obviously worse than a grandpa, I need 100+lumens most of the time, even to read things up close /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. By the time you hit your 60's you need 15x the amount of light as a 10yr old child. Maybe I will need a M6 HOLA as my "reading/map" light in a few more years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I think Chop's use of the VG 1x123 body with smooth operating protected clickie , with a stock e1e bezel would be even better (though you loose the stock SF appearance), as seen in Chop's mod here: *UPDATED* I said goodbye to my TW4 (E1e/KL4 combo)

Throw in a R123, 3.7v bulb as Chop/turbodog mentioned here, viola! Very short runtime, (keep spare R123's in pocket) but quite small. Too bad CR2 rechargeables are only at 300ma capacity, or I would want to use one of those for even shorter light.

Wonder what kind of copper tape Chop used for the SF MN01 module mod, that does not solder well? I'm going to play with some dead MN01's and see if I can't use better/extensive prepping to get the solder to work well. With 3.7v or 3.6v bulbs you have some slightly higher outputting options.

3.7v lamp for E2E & E2D