My CMG Ultra-G is coming!!!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wishing my CMG Infinity (White LED) would be brighter ever since I bought it years ago. Now, I'm getting the best of both worlds: the same build quality and AA lithium compatible, but with about 4 times the brightness and still decent runtime, HA Mil-Spec coating and for slightly less than I paid for my Infinity. I would like to someday get an Arc or PeakLEDSolutions, but first the Ultra-G. Are they as good as I've read on this forum and on review sites? I will find out soon enough... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
The LED on mine is off-center; bright as any other Infinity Ultras I've seen. The color, the government #, and the clip make it nice to have.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both also, the runtime on the original is nice, and not being very bright I use it as a bedside light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But when I want it brighter, out comes the Ultra!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't be disappointed with your Ultra-G. Good brightness, long battery life, can run on "dead" batteries from incandescent flashlights, and is built like a tank. Good thing you got one while they're still available. I'd suggest that if you really like it once you get your hands on it, order at least one more, since they are no longer made, and will be gone soon. I wonder if we'll see the prices of Ultra's sky-rocket like the Arc's did after they were no longer produced.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original design has been done away with by Gerber, in favor of the rear-twist switch. The Ultra-G, with the HAIII, is almost out of stock at Countycomm and there won't be any more made. .

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, they are great lights. I have 2 Ultra-G's and 2 non-G infinity ultras, along with 1 old standard infinity. They get lots of use, and will for years to come. Such a shame they're no longer made. I wonder if the prices will go the way of the Arc AA and AAA?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love ALL of the CMG Infinity variants. If you like them you can't go wrong. IMO you will be able to sell or trade them away any time you like in the future if you ever change your mind about them.

watt4

Enlightened
I bought a couple of the old-style ultras at an REI store last month, because I knew the style was changing. yesterday, that same store only had the new version.

so, get some old-style ultras while you can.