Surefire LED's waterproof?

code09

Enlightened
Surefire LED\'s waterproof?

Hey guys, i am a newbie at this, so i dont know much about surefires. But i have recently fallen in love with them, and i now own a C3, L2 and U2. Can anyone tell me which models are waterproof? I have taken all three of mine and submerged them under water without any bubbles. But how far can we go with them? are there certain models that are designed for diving, etc etc?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire LED\'s waterproof?

AFAIK most if not all of SF lights are water resistant, meaning you can use it in the rain or drop it in a puddle and still continue using it without any water getting in. Provided the Orings are in good condition of course. However they are not dive rated, and IIRC the 6PN is the only dive rated one out of the whole lot...

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast

As other have said, all SFs are dunkable for a short time in water (puddle).

The construction should be able to withstand 33ft in all cases, IIRC. But SF does not regularly test their lights this far, and does not guarantee any depth rating.

On request, they will pressure test the lights. In this case, the "N" is added to the model number (N=Navy).

I doubt that it's worthwhile to try to get them to test a single light for our (private) use, though...

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Catalog specifically states in writing that all the current SF lights in the catalog are watertight to 33 feet water depth (1 atmosphere). I can find the page if anyone really wants it.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any test volunteers?? I don't think I wanna take my A2 in the pool period, much less to 33 feet. .

code09

Enlightened

quickbeam, i want it! But does that mean only the 2004 models? What if i got a G2 in 2002 for example, is it still watertight to 33 feet?

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

The G2 isn't waterproof.
The switch needs to be modified or changed.
But most other SF models are.

nexro

Enlightened

Shouldn't be a problem testing it actually... after all, "If it breaks, we fix it!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

code09

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
Shouldn't be a problem testing it actually... after all, "If it breaks, we fix it!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To what extent will the fix them? My friend melted the lens on the G2, and they refuse to repair it.

nexro

Enlightened

Seriously, I don't know.
But I suppose if it's an electronic failure in the LED lights, they should do something about it (provided they don't find sea water in there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)