L4 bodies - who knows the history ?

crashlander

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to litfuse, I now have a nice L4, the McE2s is on the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The body of mine has two rounded flat sides, one plain with the clip lying on it, the other one with "Surefire L4 Digital Lumamax etc" written on it.
I´ve heard that the newest generation has three rounded flat sides.
Does anybody know the history of the L4 (or maybe general E-Series) bodies like gen1, gen2,... ?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crashlander, is that rounded or flat sides? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Its either 3 flat with 1 rounded, or rounded with 1 flat right?

Well, AFAIK (pls correct me if I'm wrong folks), the 'Gen 1' for the E series is the non Executive models (E1, E2), that is the flat sides (or was it round?) but non HA, comes in Gun Metal (GM) only. Then the Executive series came along (E1e, E2e) in HA III with the same 3 flat sides, and I suppose you could call that a Gen 2? The latest style would be the rounded sides with 1 flat side in HA III also, I guess that makes it Gen 3 then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

crashlander

Newly Enlightened
Stanley,
sorry for the confusion, I wasn´t sure how to describe the looks of my L4 body in english.
Best is I let a picture speak:
Surefire_L4_total.jpg

Surefire_L4_front.jpg

Hm, so which generation might that be?

RayT

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
crashlander said:Hm, so which generation might that be?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know but my SureFire L4 has four flat sides and mine was purchased six months ago directly from Surefire.