Got my 4D-Cell and 1157 LED's from LEDcorp.....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Got my 4D-Cell and 1157 LED\'s from LEDcorp.....

I haven't put the 1157's in yet, but from what I saw when I hooked it up to a power supply, they will be EXCELLENT!! In fact, I will probably order red ones for the rear now too. The ones I just got are amber for the front I did have to buy an 1157 socket to replace the 3157 socket the truck came with. Well worth it from what I anticipate.

Now, the LED replacement for the 4D-Cell maglight, I am less than thrilled. From what I read, I thought it would be very bright and at least somewhat white. It is not nearly as bright as the standard bulb and is borderline green. Though it is focusable which is impressive. Heck, the mini-mag with the LED replacement is brighter. Am I missing something here?

Matt

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Got my 4D-Cell and 1157 LED\'s from LEDcorp.....

I am expecting my 2 Cell Pro Series bulb tomorrow. Those are direct drive. There are resistors in the 3 and 4 Cell versions. I noticed that the runtimes increase with the number of cells. John at LEDCorp did warn me, that the color is not pure white. I have a suspicion that the 2 Cell version is brighter than the 4 Cell.

Out in the boonies or underground (cave), I think it will be more than sufficient for me.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

:::: UPDATE :::::

Well, I put the LED 1157 bulbs into my front parking lights. Blah is basicly it. While sitting in my house not in the housing, they seems VERY BRIGHT, they just don't do it in the light housing. The LED seems to radiate both forward and to the side. But, in my housing there really isn't a shiny reflector, just a white backing. It is VERY dim. The flshing of the LED looks great but it is WAY to dim. Now, I do have 2 normal straight beam luxeons sitting on my workbench. Maybe I can put them onto the units and remove the ones on it now. That might help.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

OK, I took one of the 1157 LED's with the high-dome LED and put one of my normal Luxions in it's place. It is still not enough. The light is barely visibly. I think it will take a lot of luxeons to cut it in the light housing. Maybe I can make something on a board, and slide it into the light housing.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a shame fellows. Thanks for posting, though. You know you saved others money and frustration. Kudos to you for that. Maybe someone here knows of a useful purpose for your LEDs.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my 2 Cell "White" Pro Series 3 bulb from LEDCorp today. Notice the quotes above. It is actually a dimmer than incandescant, close to the notorious 'rotten dog urine' green.

This is for me, a last resort bulb.

Latest posts