Lux V, and 6V lantern Battery

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I was just doing some reading at flashlightreviews.com and had some thoughts:

Why hasn't anyone hooked a Lux V up to a 6V lantern battery?

Think about these things:

#1 The reflector would be HUGE, offering excellent throw. And could even be orange peeled, for a smooth beam.

#2 A heat sink could be made, the diameter of the reflector, to attach the Led. This could be 4-6 inches across, one half inch thick, and FINNED even. This would offer excellent cooling for the most EXUBERANT of overdrives.

#3 The reflector could even be metal, for even MORE heat sinking.

#4 Since a 6V lantern battery is 26,000 mAh, wouldn't that mean we would have MORE runtime than 4 D batteries?

Or what about this: An ARRAY of 3 or MORE, possibly 5 or even 7 Lux 3s, similar to the TSP, or the Quad, or the phazer 5. They could all fit in the head of your typical 6 volt lantern. These could be run by the same 6v lantern battery.

I am still a newb, but some one, some where, must of thought of this.

Any ideas? Questions? Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Have a good one.

Stainless

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Check out prices.... you can buy 8D cells cheaper than one alkaline lantern battery.... that is 36,000 mah.
One other thing.. I believe a luxV need 7volts to run.. you would need a boost circuit or go with 6D cells and a resistor/buck circuit.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Not necessarily a bad idea, but if you used a 4xD-6V lantern adaptor with a good boost circuit, you could load up the light with alkalines, NiCd, NiMH, whatever... including that 6V lantern battery.

Another consideration - 6V lantern reflectors are typically wide and shallow to accomodate a variable-height filament
instead of narrow and deep to accomodate a flat emitting surface.