TSA, flashlight true story

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I know it has been /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif but this morning, going through security in Providence, RI, I tossed my little CR2 light into the tote along with my shoes, belt, and wallet. The TSA lady immediately grabbed the light and looked at me. I said "It's a flashlight," and she turned to the 50-ish TSA guy behind her. He took it and managed to turn it on within a couple of seconds. He smiled and said "Cool," and handed it back to her. (I wonder what he would have said if he'd turned it on another 90deg and experienced high beam? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Just one of those minor "Flashaholic moments."

Larry

guncollector

Enlightened
Flying home from Hawaii a while back, I had a TSA goofball give his buddy a full "Surefire L4 Facial" with mine. I'm sure his buddy was seeing stars for a bit...

greenLED

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif How did you keep yourself from laughing?
... maybe the prospect of being arrested... never mind

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait till they see the Lionhearts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
*mental note to self* : nerf the U2 by setting it to level 2 before going through airport security. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Why not level 1?

Cuz it's gotta be slightly brighter than the rest of them 5mm LED lights. It is anyway, I just want it to be visible.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I'm just an evil b@st@rd. I'd set it to mustache singe mode and leave instructions on how to turn it on while looking directly into the reflector.

I seriously have problems with the TSA, any levity I can manage is good.

-LT

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Lunal_Tic, Sorry for the lack of a link, but "levity" at a security check in line can get you Federally incarcerated!(sp?) That predates 9/11. They have no sense of humor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup, if you're in a TX airport, there are actually announcements over the comm system about this: you joke, you get arrested. no-no

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Yup, if you're in a TX airport, there are actually announcements over the comm system about this: you joke, you get arrested. no-no

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, heard the joke about the TSA?

There isn't one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm actually headed to Texas day after tomorrow so we'll see. I think it's unlikely that levity enjoyed in the still private space of my mind will provide a problem. Though I do remember a customs guy who didn't quite follow my turkey joke and that was pre 9/11. He asked why I was back, in my native country mind you, and I said for the turkey. Sent me to door A for a more thorough check but hey those guys did understand the joke so no problems there.

Also IIRC, TSA can't arrest only the police can. In any event should be another fun 24 hours of travel.

Catch you guys on the other side.
LT