L4 vs U2, which is better?

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
I have a damn nice L4 with a great spot on it, and was considering getting a U2 if it was better than my L4. Who has both, and what do you think is the difference in the light output, which one is better? Thanks.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RayT

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Eagle1 said:
I have a damn nice L4 with a great spot on it, and was considering getting a U2 if it was better than my L4. Who has both, and what do you think is the difference in the light output, which one is better? Thanks.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I have both and given a choice between the two I would pick the U2 for light output. The U2 is brighter than my L4 and the output is adjustable.

But, the A2 or L4 are what I carry in my pocket as they smaller by significant amount (relative to pocket space).

So, if you don't care about carrying the U2 would be the better choice in my opinion. If you want a pocket light the L4 or A2 would be a better choice.

RayT

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TACTICAL WAREHOUSE said:
I'd take the U2 all the way!!

[/ QUOTE ]
One other factor. For the price of the U2 you can almost get both the A2 and L4. The U2 is pricey for what you are getting.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Except for size it would be U2 all the way!
And on the L4 the McE2S would be a must, too.
bernhard

Size15's

Flashaholic
Depending on what you need and use light for, the utility of the U2 would mean it's greater size and weight compared to the L4 would be worth carrying.

For me, I'd pick the L4 over the U2 for my uses. That said, I think it's more fair to compare the L2 and U2 since they both give you choice. Still I'd pick the L2 over the U2.

The U2 is a fantastic flashlight. I'm carrying it EDC along with an L2 (standard EDC). However, I still use the L2 more often.

Al

DanM

Newly Enlightened
L4 Vs U2 I have all three and if the L2 would take Pila batteries I think it is the best value for the money. That said, the U2 is excellent light with Pila batteries.

Mark2

Enlightened
The L4 is nearly perfect IMHO, a very bright and useful flood light in an extremely compact package. I don't like the L2 too much because it lacks the perfection of the L4. It's too big and the clumsy 2-stage switch makes it even bigger. But the U2 is a totally different "beast", it's a very nice and nearly perfect light, well balanced with all the important features. So I'd say U2, L4, L2.