Stanley MaxLife™ 369™ Flashlight

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Came across this in another post before the CPF outage last night. Went and found some stuff on it. I must say I'm not excited about it as I'm leaning to smaller lights. But another 'major' making an LED light is good news.

Stanley product description.
[ QUOTE ]
Six bright-white, solid state LED bulbs for extended run-time capacity and long life
Anodized aluminum space frame construction for durability
Graphite ABS composite case
Shatter-resistant polycarbonate lens with impact resistant rubber ends
A low-power indicator light with electronic circuitry helps the user know when the batteries need to be replaced
A four position switch to control the amount of light generated: High/Medium/Low and Off
The flashlight allows you to pre-select the amount of run-time required.
Can be used with 3, 6 or 9 AA size batteries depending on usage requirements
Weight with 9 batteries is 1.01 lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stanley press release.
and on eBay of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
There was a thread about it a few months ago but at that time nobody knew the name. I figure the light is more of a gimmick since they should have made it either 4AA or 3C instead of having 1-3 sets of AA cells. It is about time for stanley to get into the business since nearly everyone but Mag seems into odd semi useful led lights. Like who wants a 3AAA 1x5mm led light when you can get a dorcy for cheaper? I was at an electronics supply and the guys there were hyping a 8 led 3C cell light for about $35.00, I just laughed and told them my cheap $5 homemade 4led light probably would be brighter. I am going to have to go back there and show them they are behind the times and need to stop trying to sell overpriced last years technology to folks.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
Lynx_Arc said:
It is about time for stanley to get into the business since nearly everyone but Mag seems into odd semi useful led lights. .....they are behind the times and need to stop trying to sell overpriced last years technology to folks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sort of out of context but my feelings also. I picked up one of the Dorcy 3AAA 1w Lux's at Target for my son's trip to Mexico. A nice light for the price. And the technology is OK, especially for a mass market light. 2005 will (hopefully) see the HDS and Night Ops lights hit the niche market. Will something similar and cheaper hit Mass Market in 2006?

Malpaso

Enlightened
"The best part is that you can mix and match old batteries with new ones and it doesn't degrade the light power."

How is that possible?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Stanley MaxLife™ 369™ Flashlight

[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
Someone called? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thot you had invented/patented/made a flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Stanley MaxLife™ 369™ Flashlight

I have one of these flashlights. I didn't have enough batteries to fill all three chambers; just two of the chambers. You can select one, three, or all six LEDs, using the pushbutton on the barrel.
The beams are focused into a medium spot "moon"-type configuration via convex (magnifying) lenses built into the bezel.

Designer1

Newly Enlightened
I assume that they have some kind of one way travel for the electricity...like a diode, so three battereis in one tube don't back feed the weak ones in another tube. It's neat...I put in a set of half used AAs and 3 new ones in another leg using up all the juice in all 6.

Skibane

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Designer1 said:
I assume that they have some kind of one way travel for the electricity...like a diode, so three battereis in one tube don't back feed the weak ones in another tube. It's neat...I put in a set of half used AAs and 3 new ones in another leg using up all the juice in all 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically, you're using just the juice in the 3 new ones, at least until they discharge to the same voltage as the half-used ones... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif