Petzl Duo Halogen

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by recercare:
What kind of halogen bulb? 2.4W?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Standard high beam bulb is 5.2V 0.5A. But you may put anything in up to some 4W. At least I had such a bulb in it with no problems at all (and a battery with 4 A NiCd cells (1.5Ah, pretty old))

recercare

Enlightened
I received information from a guy who's worked a lot with Petzl. He believes the 2.6W in Duo has 46 lumens output, while the halogen bulb in the Megabelt and Zoom has 33 lumens.

46/2,6 = 17,8W/Lm
This sounds a bit too high, doesn't it?

Drakonchik

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Standard high beam bulb is 5.2V 0.5A. But you may put anything in up to some 4W. At least I had such a bulb in it with no problems at all

[/ QUOTE ]

So has anybody else put a more powerful halogen bulb in their Petzl Duo than the stock bulb? If so, what happens?

I checked out http://www.reflectalite.com/halogenpage.html and I'm looking at the bulb GH173(specs 5.2V 0.85A 4.4W.)

I'm wondering if I would get more halogen light in my Petzl Duo 4C headlamp without melting anything. Reduced run-time and bulb life is not so important for my application, which is biking.

Feedback, anybody?

P.S. WriteRight applied to the lens seems to smooth out the lousy rings a little in both modes.