• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Aleph 5-watt LE **SOLD**

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I have an unknown binned 5-watt Aleph light-engine running on a BB700 that I'm putting up for sale. The tint is pretty good considering it's a 5-watter. I have (2) of them, so this one is an extra that I won't be needing. I'll pay for USPS 1st Class Mail Shipping within the continental US. International buyers, please add $5.00 for S/H. PM me if interested.

Asking $90.00, PayPal only please.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Aleph 5-watt LE

Would that work in a 1x123 body or do I need a 2 for that? I'd assume the 2x123 for that one, but I might be wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought you needed a BB even for a LuxV in a 2x123 combination, due to the voltage requirements.

Catman10

Enlightened

Haesslich,
I believe that with a LuxV, you can use both 2&1x123. Edited my first post & free bump. Sounds like a nice light.

knifebright

Enlightened

with 1x123 it won't be in regulation. kinda in moon mode. The bad boy will step up voltage to the forward vf of the lux in this case 6volts needs to be stepped up to the luxv. with a luxlll you can only use 3 volts
jimmy

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

It SHOULD run on a single 123 cell. It depends on the Vf of the luxeon. If it does run on a single cell, it should make for a nice reduced output low heat light.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aye. Do you have any spare 2x123 bodies as well? I've got this spare Aleph3 that it might work well with... though putting it in an Aleph2 would be pretty much impossible, ja?

Flatscan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:
Aye. Do you have any spare 2x123 bodies as well? I've got this spare Aleph3 that it might work well with... though putting it in an Aleph2 would be pretty much impossible, ja?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can put a LuxV LE in an Aleph2, There are possible heat issues that you should be aware of.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flat - my Aleph's mostly used in momentary mode... so I'm debating between 'surprise sleeper' A2 or 'good thrower' A3.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Since this is an unknown bin, how would you compare it to your best Surefire L4 running on 2x123? I hear the L4 is running somehwere around 600mah...the Alpeh you are selling is doing 700mah, so it should be brighter.

- It works on 2x123 and 1x123, so that is an operating range of about 3-6 volts. Will it work with Pila 168S and the 4.2V R123s? If it doesn't, it's okay.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

To be honest, after sorting thru over 3-dozen L4's and keeping the best one, there's not another L4 or 5-watt light that compares to my L4. That being said, I would consider this a better than average 5-watt. Using the spacer in the bezel cleans up the donut hole that's typical in a 5-watt emitter. I've not done a runtime test, so I don't have any data to report on that. I've briefly tried this LE in both an A1 and A3. I really like it in the A3. Very broad beam with decent throw. I'll have to left the rechargable questions to the experts. I don't have those answers.