Anybody into R/C????

DaGeek

Enlightened
I was just wondering if there are any fellow R/C hobbyists around here. I've been flying planes for about 3yr(trainers and a couple sports) and helicopters (Raptor 30)about 2yrs.

unnerv

Enlightened
While not all are currently running I have:

Traxxas Revo -Nitro
Traxxas T-Maxx -Nitro .21 conversion installed
HPI RS4 Sedan -Nitro
Traxxas E-Maxx -Electric
Tamiya TLT-1 -Electric
HPI RS4 MT -Electric
Venom Mini Giant -Electric
Team Associated TC3 Team - Electric
Xray M18 -Electric
Kyosho MiniZ -Electric

Here are a couple of videos I took over the last few years of the T-maxx learning to fly...both are about 10mb each.

Bashing and Big Air is Good.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patrick, That's some cruel & "usual" punishment for your T-Maxx. I would never have had the heart to do the same to my Losi XXX-S.

BTW: Great video!

turbodog

Flashaholic
What I lept after selling most of my stuff
original rc10 - mint
rc10ds - excellent

What I sold
rc10
rc10L pan car
kyosho concept 30
rc10gt
rc10t
losi xxx4
losi xx 4wd
kyosho hurricane
rc10 with mip 4wd conversion
rc10 graphite chassis

The place we live now is large enough for another heli, so stay tuned on that.

I'm also considering a gas/oil powered 1/4 scale buggy like a jackrabbit or similar.

unnerv

Enlightened
I have plenty of spare parts for the T-maxx. Everytime I break something I buy two. I could almost build another tmaxx with all the spare parts I have. It is amazing once you learn how to drive decently how durable they are. I almost never break anything any longer. Even from what is in the video, I think I was only out 2 spur gears, 2 aluminum shocks and a skid plate.

DaGeek

Enlightened
Hey Unnerv awesome videos, sweet jumps!!! You need to go in to helis minus the crashes!!!

scrappy

Enlightened
i love rc. I have a beautiful Tamiya Frog, a Factory TC-3 from Team Associated and a mint, never run, but really ready to, Tamiya Surikarn Limited Edition. I love that thing, I'm afraid to put it on the floor....

Rich

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I used to fly R/C in the 80's. When radio rules changed (and my flying buddy died) it put a cramp in my style.

I had two different whelled vehicles too, but it's all gone now.

I could probably fly with no interference at the new house, but affording it might be tuff...

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Electric RC Planes and Helis here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My current Fleet:

1. CombatWing XE2 with a Mega 16/15/4 brushless on 2S 5000mah Lipoly pack. Flies for over 45 minutes with throttle management. Slopes well too when the winds are right.

2. Mini Speedwing with standard GWS EDP 50XC motor on 2S 750mah Lipoly. Nice little parkflyer but is also able to handle pretty stiff wind.

3. Mikado Logo 10 with Hacker B50-13L brushless, JR DS3421 digital servos, Futaba GY401/S9253 gyro/servo, Berg6 receiver, MS Composite Blades, on 4S4P 8000mah Lipoly packs. Flies great and incredibly stable for it's size.

4. LMH Corona with Mega 16/15/3 brushless and 2S 5000mah Lipoly pack. Tough little heli that takes a real beating and is what I learnt on.. Here's an old video of a flight I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup...I was a big car guy, racing, trophies, etc..

Started in '85 with an RC-10 and a Yokomo 4WD Dogfighter. Moved to Losi in '89(?) with a JRX-2. Went back to Associated in the mid 90's with a RC-10B4. But switched back to Losi with a XX. Soon went into retirement due to time constraints and career change.

Currently hibernating, though I like the two losi Mini-T's that I have. Fun little truck.

I'm really looking at a Traxxas Revo just to kick around...

-dan

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
Either me or my brother have had in the past few years:
Kyosho Readyset rubbish 4wd car
Chadori buggy
HPI sprint (1/10 4WD touring car)
HPI micro RS4 (1/18 4wd touring)
Traxxas Elctric Rustler( 1/10 electric 2wd stadium truck)
HPI RS4 MT (1/10 electric 4WD stadium truck)
Traxxas E-Maxx (1/10 elctric, 2 motor, 2 battery pack 4WD monster truck)

The above have all been sold, deciding what to buy next.

atm, we have a small electric boat i scrtach built, and a micro electric helicopter.
Its a century hummingbird, still fixed pitch, speed 300 motor and LiPolys (although they seem to have mucked up)

Its a blast trying to fly the thing, especially when theres any wind

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Gas RC planes have always impressed me because it's relatively easy to assemble one with a thrust:mass ratio well in excess of 1 : 1.
Vertical take offs? Hell yeah.
10G + turns? Why not.
Chase small, agile birds? Sounds like a challenge...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Traxxas REVO here, Awesome truck!

I run it at a park and people always gather around amazed at how fast it can go (@40 MPH), fun little hobby.

AlexGT

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I dabbled in Helicopter for a time in the late 80's.

But didn't have the best radio and servos, and no gyro. So it didn't ever really get off the ground.

Recommend me a small electric %edit% Airplane %edit% that won't break the bank? (and remember I have nothing R/C related left).

DaGeek

Enlightened
Try the megatech XEC Diversion it's only around 75 bucks!!

ps. its a park flyer

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
When I quit flying, I was doing pretty good aerobatics and such.

I almost GOTTA have an elevator.

I don't need a fully aerobatic airplane, but point me at least at an electric glider with 3 channel control. Or a regular plane but with enough dihedral to be stable.

I used to fly an Oldtimer with 3 channel and double dihedral wing inverted pretty good!

This brings back memories!

Fix me up!