Elektrolumens Blaster 3P vs Diamond LIII for Mag ?

phxntninja

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all,
I am new here and tried to search for a comparison of these two items but couldn't find one.
I want a 3D cell light that is durable, runs very bright and for a very long time. The Blaster 3 looks great, but the Diamond drop in is about 1/2 the price and I am on a budget.
Does anyone have first hand experience with these? There is also a 5W replacement made by Diamond that looks promising.

Thanks!!

unclearty

Enlightened
Re: Elektrolumens Blaster 3P vs Diamond LIII for M

I just bought a Diamond 3W from a fellow CPF'er..it's pretty nice...will focus down to a very small spot and has very good throw. If you focus out alot, it developes a big ring...but for a spot light..it's pretty nice.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much is this diamond thing? Are you saying that the Diamond drop-in plus $15 for the new Mag 3D is less than the $40 that the Blaster III is going for?

Oh, and the Blaster would would beat a mag silly in a durability test. HA3 annodizing and far thicker walls.

Mark

turbodog

Flashaholic

He likely already owns a mag.

Right now..... I'd go with the diamond 1w regulated side emitter. That got the overall best review on brock's web site. $29.95 plus shipping.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened

If you want throw, make sure you go for a lambartian. side-emmitter will give you more of a flood.

phxntninja

Newly Enlightened

The Diamond Luxeon III replacements are $25 each and I already have a m@g to put it in. But, after reading more about how highly everyone thinks of Elektrolumens and the reviews of the Blaster 3 again I decided to buy 2 of them to take advantage of the discount and give one as a Christmas gift.

Thanks to all for the help!

Raybo

Enlightened

The Blaster is a well built light, you (or whoever gets them) will not be dissapointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

14C

Enlightened

I have both (unclearty got the Diamond 3W lambertian from me). I like both. The EL Blaster is VERY well built and has a nice throw. If you already have a M@G I'd go with the Diamond. There are some LOP (Light Orange Peel) all aluminum reflectors for sale on B/S/T for $ 20.00 each plus shipping I thing. This will make a difference also for either the standard bulb in the M@G or the Diamond. I have an Otokoyama PMR (Orange Peel) and a Darkzero sputtered reflector in my 3D M@Gs with the Diamond 3W LED and would never go back to the standard reflector or bulb.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have both the Blaster 3-P and the Hyperblaster,
I use them quite often, they are very well built,
long battery life, and good throw.