~~~ Project ECHELON ~~~

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. Wish I had the patience to do that. I am currently making a desk to accomidate all my computers, monitors and the whole shibang. Should look really cool once done. You going to paint the inside black as well? Is that going to be a window on top I guess? Be sure to get some cold cathodes, or LEDs, whichever you prefer. I have a cold cathode in mine and makes it look real nice.

Cameron

jtice

Flashaholic
Yes the inside will be painted black, and I am thinking of painting all the metal racks etc, dark blue.
yes it will have blue and uv cold cathodes, it will have everything,, I will describe all that as time goes on.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew I heard that name "echelon" somewhere b4.
Have you thought of using heat pipes & water cooling? You could reduce the noise level from 60db to < 30db.
Can't wait till you finish painting & lighting the thing up.

Raymond, dam "clean" case. NICE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
14C said:
THAT particular word will get you marked and searched by the feds.

[/ QUOTE ]

pfffft like they dont log this site already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I will be using a Thermalright XP-120 heat pipe heat sink.
Was gonna use water,,,, but, water... computer... eh, just dont like that ;P

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also like the idea of 'ridiculously large' computer cases. I've always wanted to gut an old, huge, stainless steel 'restaurant grade' microwave oven and rebuild it into a computer. It would be great for a 'positive air pressure' design and the RF gasket on the door would put it well towards the 'TEMPEST' level on RF emissions. Hard to find a host, though.

14C

Enlightened
I suspect they DO because of the Laser forum. However "old" "echelon" is it will attract more attention.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would doubt that the word 'ECHELON' is actually an Echelon keyword. A Google search for ECHELON returns about 1,870,000 hits. Once a word becomes widely used in newspapers, TV, radio and the WWW it loses the ability to actually point to anything or anyone significant in a way that may be checked out in a cost effective manner. Even discounting uses in newspapers, TV, email and radio, what part of the government has the resources to even check out the 1,870,000 Google hits that are out in the open? The whole point is to automate the screening process while generating as few false positives as possible.