• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: modified EL Blaster VI 5W

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of my modified Elektrolumens Blaster VI.
It's a 5W (WXOT bin) current regulated light with a McR-27 reflector and a custom UCL lens running on 6 AA nimh, l91 or alkalines, or 3/6 123s if you have the right holders (sorry I don't have mine anymore). The blaster VI body is very solid and is in almost perfect shape. Also, the led is installed with artic silver 5 on the huge heatsink.
I don't have any pictures of beamshots sorry, but you know what a blaster VI looks like and how a 5W pr beam looks.
It comes with 2 V2 3toD holders, a spare UCL lens of the right size and 6 2000mah AA nimhs. It runs for more than 2 hours and a half in regulation on a charge.
This is a practical light, one that you won't be afraid to use and that'll perform instead of sitting in a desk of on a shelf like those expensive ones...

I'd like to get $170 for it shipped in the us.
Paypal only please. As usual, if you find something wrong with what you get, you can send it back for a full refund.
Please pm me for pp addy and questions.
Thanks for looking guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

hideo

Enlightened
supersweet!--I put a WX1S in my Blaster 6 and it's a great "wall of light" for seeing if our local bear is in the compost ...

I run mine off NiMHs and the guiltless factor and extended runtime makes it a constant user (though I still love my SN2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

hideo

hideo

Enlightened
What driver is it using?

can't speak for the one that's FS, but mine is the
original DD with the stock resistor ... direct drive works very well for this combo and mine still produces very usable light after almost three hours--with fresh NiMHs, the first hour cranks!

I have the original 30 mm optic on mine for the concentrated blob o' light, but I'm sure the throw is much better with the reflector

hideo

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
This is one of my modified Elektrolumens Blaster VI.
It's a 5W (WXOT bin) current regulated light ....
....It runs for more than 2 hours and a half in regulation on a charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple of Blaster VIs and was aware that they are DD lights (with resistor). This one sounds like it got some electronics added to it though...

Peter

hideo

Enlightened
DOH! contrary to popular belief, English IS my first language /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

yeah, I'd like to hear more about it myself

hideo

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a nuwai regulator that came from a alx-5something... arg! need coffee.
I don't know the current throught the led but it's very bright and runs very long. In fact, I'm guessing it's driven at spec (700ma).
Wish I could be more helpful, sorry guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif