• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MagLite mods

mag_o_holic

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here. Love my MagLite 3D. Started with 6v Xenon bulb & home made battery pack (5 1/2D). Now using UltraStinger bulb with UCL-LDF lens, same battery- works great. Looking for another mod, brighter light, without melting plastic reflector. What is the melting point with WA 01160? I`d like to be able to use flashlight for 1-2min, possibly more...

I did some tests with 10 1/2D pack and halogen high beam semi truck bulb, got something like 20 min. But gets hot quickly. I`d have to use Mag 6D housing...Hmmm. Maybe 3D double barrel.?? With 10X Dominator head...Interesting.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
mag o holic,

Welcome!!

This is a Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Perhaps the Homemade and Modified Lights forum is what you were looking for.

mag_o_holic

Newly Enlightened
Hi Chop. Does anyone here sell WA bulbs, Carly reflectors, other Mag suitable parts?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you have discovered the CPF, you will come accross
many different types of Mag mods ranging fron, camless reflectors, booster and regulator circuits,welsh allen bulbs, Luxeon Led mods, drop in modules, UCL glass lenses, metal reflectors, collimating lenses, chopped mag bodies different types of batteries ECT, these are only just a few to mention,
Good luck with your hunting

mag_o_holic

Newly Enlightened
Very cool! I like FM 3V with large extension.... But I would also like to built one using stock head and barrel (aren`t they beautiful?). And I just found out about aluminium reflector in Mag rechargeable- now we getting somwhere!