U2 vs. VIP vs. LiOnHeart?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cy has all three I believe... or at least he had a VIP and now has a LH and the U2.

Maybe he will chime in.

Curtis

cy

Flashaholic
I sold my VIP to get lionheart, I regrett selling my VIP. Like the user interface for lionheart better. VIP is a completely different light. beam quality is better IMHO. althogh since switching SO27 reflector, beam has improve greatly on lionheart.

The light that I use the most is U2. It's my EDC along with my tiny CR2/Li14430 light. Carrying around a 2-150+ lumen light around with you changes your perspection of how much light to expect. and how big your EDC can be.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bill,

I have to limit my comments to the U2 and the LionHeart.

The LionHeart on high is brighter than the U2 on high.

The LionHeart on low is dimmer than the U2 on low.

The U2 has more overall light output.

The LionHeart is more compact and elegant.

The U2 seems more rugged and can be used with leather work gloves.

For work, I prefer the hot spot of the LionHeart, but the ample spill from the U2 also comes in handy.

Overall I like them both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom

nexro

Enlightened
Agree with SilverFox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I use my U2 too although I have a LH as well.

Flatscan

Enlightened
I have both a VIP and a LH. They're sitting next to each other on my desk, so that I can shine them at the wall or the ceiling when I feel like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unfortunately, the VIP was my first high-end limited-run light, so it has been relegated to a "play around the house" light. I've played with it, but I've never carried or used it on a regular basis. For some reason, the LH has gotten lots of play in a relatively short time. I carried it in my Fatboy briefly, but I worried that 1) it'd get ripped off in the NYC subway and 2) it would chew up the non-replaceable sheath.

The major advantage of the LH for me is that it can be played with one-handed and that it provides guilt-free lumens. Its stock reflector has a little too much throw for general use, but I'm going to grab an LDF when they become available again.

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PocketBeam said:
So it sounds like you picked the U2 over the Lionheart because the top brightness was brighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got both lionheart and U2. I play with lionheart, but EDC U2.

If you are going to do more than go wall hunting, lionheart's hotspot is tiny compared to my U2. keep in mind I won the luxeon lottery for U2. it puts out 150+ lumens. My U2 puts out more lumens than two of my Xbins.

I like Surefire's user interface solution the best of any light on the market. edit:(except for my three stage CR2/Li14430 light)

The only drawback to U2 is size. It could be a little smaller.