What's a good alternative to the Nuwai QIII?

prego

Newly Enlightened
What\'s a good alternative to the Nuwai QIII?

Could anyone please suggest any good alternatives to the Nuwai QIII in terms of price and light output? Thanks!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s a good alternative to the Nuwai QIII?

I think not. That is why the Q III is such a great product these days. It is cheap, affordable, and reasonably bright. I dont own one, but I think I will try to get one soon.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Take a look at the Vortex KC-1.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

The KC-1's not bad. It's a dead ringer for the first run Arc LS twisty. It runs on a CR2 instead of a CR123, which is a slight negative factor IMO because of the lack of availability of cheap CR2s. FlashlightReviews.Com actually rated the KC-1 as slightly brighter than an Arc LSH-P. Hmmm, now that you mention it, I've been eyeing all of those Arc LSs posted on B/S/T, and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper just to get a KC-1...

The KC-1 is currently being offered for $48.95 at AdvancedMart.Com

It's worth browsing at Advanced Mart, because they have an assortment of inexpensive Chinese "Luxeon" lights.

The UK 4AA eLED isn't nearly as bright as a Q-III, and is significantly larger. However, it's waterproof, tough, has excellent runtime, can run on rechargeable AA batteries, and costs about $20 (at Brightguy.Com).

You might as well give in and check out the Q-III. It's $38.50 at CountyComm.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Q3 is pretty nice and neat, all in 1 small compact package. Is there any reason you are looking for an alternative for the Q3, Prego? Just wondering, thats all...

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Inova T1 is in the ballpark, but its a little longer.

The Sharper Image 1x123 is also similar although it doesn't look as "serious" and it has a little less output, but it is also cheaper.

Except for length, the best alternatives to the QIII are actually 2x123, such as the Streamlight TL-2 LED.

welphd

Newly Enlightened

costco 1 watt luxeon 2 for $28. I got one pair. I'm satisfied.

prego

Newly Enlightened

I really like the QIII but I live all the way here in the Philippines and County Comm won't accept my credit card. Still not sure why? Still waiting for feedback from them.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened

TW4.

Surefire E1e body mated to L4 head. Same size, greater output, but at a higher price.

Of course with Surefire you are supporting a US company and will get greater warrantly support that from Nuwai/China.

prego

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Haesslich. I'll make sure I do that.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only problem with that, AR15Fan, is that it completely blows the whole 'price' part of the requirement above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Otherwise, it's a decent light, though I don't know what SF's policy is concerning a Frankenstein like that - they'll support the parts, but I wonder what their RMA department makes of such things.

But for $40, the Q-III's hard to beat in price and performance. The T1 throws farther, the Micra has a better finish... but for the dollars, the Q-III (at least, a good one) is hard to beat at that price-point. You're trying to compare a Gulfstream V to a small Cessna two-engine plane here - the Gulfstream's better, but it's in a far different price bracket ($200 versus $40). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prego

Newly Enlightened

I tried to order the QIII through Countycomm but the system doesn't seem to accept my credit card. Advancedmart is selling it for $55 including shipping. Is this a reasonable price? If not, please suggest where I can get it for a cheaper price. Thanks!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

prego: Try ViKi. Ask him if he still has the 'one Q-III for $48 USD, two for $80' offer still open. That's including EMS shipping, which means you'll see it in a day or so. Otherwise, there's AdvancedMart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prego

Newly Enlightened

I just sent him a message inquiring about the QIII. The problem is Paypal won't accept my credit card because it has been issued in a country that's not listed by them. Thanks though for the info.

prego

Newly Enlightened

In the Philippines. I don't necessarily have to have it shipped here. My plan was to order it from here and have it shipped to a friend of mine in Pasadena then have it brought back sometime next month.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Prego, Countycomm does not ship international, that's why. You could try Viki as many have suggested, else get Ksbman to help you out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif